Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Time To Dance

For 15 years of my life, I was a dancer and I loved it.

Now, I am a nurturer. A dog trainer. A waitress. A chef. A baker. A bus boy. An organizer. A maid. A painter. An artist. A lover. A negotiator. A disciplinarian. A peace keeper. A parent. A friend. An accountant. A photographer. A videographer. A writer. A blogger. A gardener. A nurse. A singer. A storyteller. A wardrobe stylist. A problem-solver. A nail technician. A handyman. A chauffeur. A hair dresser. A shopper. A time keeper. A personal assistant. A task manager. A teacher.

Basically, a mom and a wife.

Emily had her first ballet class yesterday. She was excited. I was excited.

She loved it.

Last night before bedtime, Emily asked me to go over some of the new moves she learned. We reviewed the 5 foot positions of ballet. We did a few plies and releves.

Together, we each became a dancer.

I had come full circle. My daughter's journey is just beginning.








Ben, on the other hand, is clearly not a dancer.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love those pictures. She is so cute. I didn't know she was going to do ballet, but I am so happy she is. I am sure Munchie will love that too. She was a great ballerina during her younger years as well. With all those great dance genes, she should do very well. I can see though that Ben takes after his Dad :)
Love,
G.

Linda said...

I love the adorable photos and your beautifully-written post.
:-)

Lindsay said...

Ok so I am crying! Your post is so sweet! I can just picture you with your love of dancing sharing it with Em! That is such a gift to her!
I miss you friend!

Anonymous said...

Emily is more than adorable in her little ballet outfit..I hope she sticks with it..Love Auntie Barb

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Very cute!