This winter is horrible. Although our city and surrounding cities have had several snowfalls, it seems to move right around our housing development. Even yesterday, we got some nice flakes while 1/2 mile south of us my friend said she could barely see out her windshield it was snowing so hard.
The kids woke up this morning to a very light dusting of snow. They were thrilled. It's amazing how little will excite them. I got them all bundled up in snow pants, jackets, gloves and hats and out they went for some early morning play.
They had to make snow angels. Not that you can see it, but they had fun.
Emily was all for going fast down the big slide.
Ben was scared and opted for the little slide.
The lack of snow is disappointing, but these kids don't seem to mind.
I'm still hopeful that we'll get some decent snow before spring comes.
3 comments:
Cute photos! And I had to laugh when I first looked at the ones in the grass - I said "where is the snow??"
Then I saw some on the slide.
I'm sorry you haven't had much snow.
The area of Illinois that we live in doesn't have much snow either. Chicago, on the other hand, 2 hours to our north, gets A LOT.
You know my feelings about snow - I LOVE WINTER and SNOW (LOTS OF IT!!) We had a few minor storms, more to just make the driving hazardous, but nothing that really kept us snowed in.
Yet, for us, the winter is far from over. February often brings us some very big snows, so I remain hopeful.
Enjoy the few flakes! :)
I am soooo with you. It truly has me upset. Yesterday afternoon we went and caught a few on our tongues. That was about it! I drove out to Ryan's office and they had definitely had more snow than us. It truly seems like our neighborhood has been forgotten this year. (: Maybe we'll get a good wet spring snow.
There is still time right!? Hopefully some good snows for you are ahead! So cute that the kids were so stoked about the dusting of snow. I think they are adorable in their snow suits!!!! But hey, on one hand at least you have the potential for a little snow! :) Not so much for us unless of course we drive up to see you!!!!
Post a Comment