My Dad is not one to sit around. He always needs a project. When he and Suzy come to visit for the night, he always helps us out with something around the house. David jokes that everytime my Dad comes up he adds value to our home.
Last weekend, my Dad and David installed flood lights in the backyard. Two lights point onto the grass, one on the BBQ and one on the swing set.

While many of our family members are dealing with below zero tempertures, we are able to spend evenings outside after dinner. David plays ball with Rocko and the kids run around. I'm inside doing the dishes.
It's nice, but I'd trade it for some snow! Well for a few days anyways.
1 comment:
I like the colors in this photo over the fence/wall - of the other roofs with the colors of dusk. It's nice that your Dad is so helpful and it's good to have some lighting in the backyard. We should do that sometime, as ours is so very dark, with no houses behind us, just fields and a pond.
Yes, no playing outside for us, even though we have our beloved snow. It's just too dangerously cold - our actual temperature this morning was -16. With the wind, it was -40
Haven't seen temps like this for a long time, but I remember Januarys like this when we were kids. Back then, we still even went to school during these temps - I can remember waiting at the bus stop. Not so today - I think every school in Illinois must be closed today.
It's odd though - I bundled up to go out in the backyard a few minutes ago to feed the birds. It's completely sunny today and I didn't think it felt so bad out. I guess I've conditioned myself, continuing my lunchtime walks in all sorts of weather. I actually think it's pretty out right now.
Post a Comment