Emily is off this week for Spring Break. I like when she goes to school, even if it is only 3 days a week. It gives us some structure. Something to do besides spend money.
Speaking of spending money, we made it through our first month with David's pay cuts just fine. I mean, I wasn't stuffing leftover money under the mattress, but I didn't have to pull anything from savings. Then, the bomb drops. Well, bomb might be too strong. How about...then, the firecracker goes off. My car tags...on a brand new mini van. Meaning, this year will be the highest and it gradually goes down. The highest meaning $381. Crap. Not only that, but David's will be coming up in a 5 months and his should be about the same. Oh well, just another little hiccup.
Speaking of hiccups, when I was pregnant with Emily, she got hiccups all the time in my belly. I'd be up for hours at night while she hiccuped every 5 seconds. Seriously, it's impossible to sleep when you have the hiccups, let alone someone else inside your stomach. I'd try to scare her and yell, "BOO!", but nothing worked. I'd just have to wait out the hours until she finally stopped. I'm hoping the baby in my belly doesn't get the hiccups much.
Anyway, spring break. I'm trying to think of fun, cheap things to do. We should have a gorgeous week, so I'm excited about that. I think today we will go to the library. The kids always love that. And then probably Walmart because we went on Saturday, but I didn't have a good list. I forgot half of the things I needed to go to Walmart for. Also, we could go to the park and fly our new kites. I've found those fancy kites don't work worth a darn, so we bought some cheap kites at Walmart and I'm sure they will take off.
Speaking of taking off, Ben got a Matchbox Space Shuttle set for his birthday. It comes with astronuts, a space shuttle, aliens, U.F.O. and a bunch of other stuff that I have yet to figure out. It's pretty fun and something he wants to play with everyday. He also loves Buzz Lightyear, who is a space ranger in case you live under a rock. With his love of space and space men, I asked him if he wanted to be an astronaut and fly to the moon. To which he told me, "No, I want to stay here." I like that answer. He's going to be cautious like his father and prefer both feet firmly planted on the ground.
Anyway, tomorrow we have to drive to Phoenix for Ben's doctor's appointment for his hydrocele thingy. I'll let you know how that goes. David is taking the day off and coming with us, so at least the drive down and back up the mountain will be nice.
On Thursday, my best friend Pam is coming up for the day to visit and spending the night. David is taking one of his furlough days, so Pam and I are going out for a girls only lunch and doing some shopping. I'm totally looking forward to it.
I guess the week won't seem so long after all.
4 comments:
Hope you have a great Spring Break week - sounds like you have fun things planned! :-)
Sarah's Spring Break isn't until April 6 - 13. It's always right around Easter in our school district.
We paid $743 for my 1 year old freestyle and $522 for Andy's 3 year old subaru - that was for ONE year of registration in Maine. yah that bites every November, right before Christmas.
I'm looking forward to our visit! Can't wait to spend some time with you!
What's with the expensive plates? We pay the same amount every year according to the weight of the vechicle. It is something like $45.00 a year.(I think) I should be getting ours soon, I'll let you know.That seems like an awful amount of money to pay and your friend Amy's is even worse. :(
Drive safely today . Hope all goes well. Happy St Paddy's Day! Enrique and I met 41 years ago today. :)
Love,
G.
Post a Comment