I had my 12 week appointment with the doctor. Everything was good. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat and he/she was moving around a lot. Probably due to the cup of coffee I had just drank. I'm still feeling great. I thought my other pregnancies were easy, this one is a breeze. So far...
David had a furlough day on Thursday. So, I went to my doctors appointment in complete peace and quiet. Plus, I came home and my van was washed. Nice. Then, my best friend Pam came up from Phoenix and we went to lunch and did some shopping for 4 1/2 hours. I'm thinking furlough days aren't so bad after all.
Pam and I had a really nice girls day. Talking, laughing, sharing stories...all interrupted! It was delicious. Plus, my kids totally missed me when I got home. They never get a chance to miss me because I never go anywhere. They ran into the garage to see me when I pulled up. That warmed my heart.
Our Garden:
Some seedlings are taking off and some are still empty little pods. The green beans are outrageous. I've had to relocate them out of the greenhouse because they are probably over a foot high now. I wasn't expecting them to grow so well. Now, we need to transplant them earlier than expected and we are forecasted to get a freeze this week. We'll try to cover them and hope for the best.
Meanwhile, I'm impressed at the resilience of other produce.
Our rhubarb sprang up again after a long cold winter.
Our broccoli, that we planted in September, was supposed to produce something in December. Nothing ever happened. It survived the entire winter and is now producing broccoli. We haven't eaten any yet as I'm waiting for it to get bigger, but it looks yummy. Well, at least Ben thinks so.
Our spinach did the same thing as the broccoli.
Last but not least, when Ben eats Oreos he gets a brown mustache. I'm not sure how he does this, but he looks hysterical.
3 comments:
I've been waiting from some new news and my patience has been addressed. Thanks for sharing. Love Ben's moustache and glad to see the garden is growing. Have a good weekend.
Love,
G.
Thanks for the great visit! I had a wonderful time!
Enjoyed reading about your week and seeing the updated photos.
It's nice that you can grow things through the winter - we obviously cannot. But all of the perennials are growing here and the trees are beginning to get leaves, so I'm happy.
Ben's moustache is so cute. :-)
Post a Comment