Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Love Him.

I still remember the evening David came home from work in January of 2008. He told me he had been listening to a Celine Dion song and it stirred up all this emotion and he thinks we should have another baby.

I was stunned. Emily was 3 1/2. Ben was 2. One girl, one boy, we're done. I was so shocked by his declaration that I never asked the obvious question.

Why is Celine Dion on your Ipod?

In any case, you know how the story unfolded. Celine won. We had this guy...
He's reading "What Is A Princess" upside down.

And last night at Texas Roadhouse, he made his first masterpiece on the kids menu.

What I'm learning about my little man is that he is very independent. This was not supposed to be. He was supposed to be an October baby. A Libra. Just like me. Libra's are typically very balanced easy going people. I was excited at the idea of our last baby being happy go lucky and easy.

However, through no fault of his own, he came out in August. A Leo. God help me. Now, I'm no expert in astrology, nor do I ever hardly look at the stuff. But I had a feeling I wasn't going to get my balanced easy baby. I was going to get the Leo. I was going to get the baby that roars. And roar he does.

When he was making his masterpiece at the restaurant if I tried to hold the paper down for him, he removed my hand. Literally, picked up my hand and moved it off his paper. And if I try to hold his hand while he is walking, he pulls his little hand away from mine. He's bossy and independent. And he's only 1.

But, he's doing just fine on his own...





Maybe I should call Celine and thank her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Noah will rule the world, at least his world..Love to see him walking...so happy for him..Auntie Barb

Anonymous said...

"I am Lion, hear me roar" must be the captions to go with any of those pics. So cute. Totally independent and walking on his own. Yeah!I'll be there in less than 3 weeks and will see for myself how far he's come on his Path to Independence.☺
Can hardly wait to see you all again. ☼
Love,
G.

Linda said...

Hooray for independent people! :) Of course, I can easily say this when it comes to sweet Noah, and not so easy to say when I'm facing my daughter who is in danger of failing a course her first semester into high school. Yep, she's independent and she just doesn't care what I think. Oh the joys of strong-willed children.

I have no idea what it's like to be easy-going. Jim is an expert in that though.

Adorable photos of Noah and how fun that he is walking! :)

Holly and Bo said...

His bossiness and independence sounds like Brayden and he's a Taurus. Kylie is Libra and she's anything but easy going. :) Maybe this early doesn't count?