Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Know I Shouldn't

I needed to get all 3 bathrooms cleaned. I always put it off. But with Aunt Pam coming for the day on Friday and my Dad and Suzy coming for a visit this weekend, I had no choice. I grabbed all my gear and got to work.

Emily wanted to help me. My initial thought was, "Great, this will take 2 hours now instead of 1." Then I realized if I ever want her to do this by herself one day, I need to encourage her cleaning not discourage it. I gave her some kid friend solution of water and vinegar in a squirt bottle and a towel and told her to clean the bathtub and shower.

This means that Ben was relatively unsupervised for an hour or so. I'd respond if I heard crying, screaming or the sound of something breaking.

I heard nothing, so I decided I should check on him. This is what he was doing:



What? He was using his imagination and acting like a bird.

I know, I know, I should not encourage this sort of thing, but I did make him do just one more time for the camera.

Then, his sister got in on the action.


All flights have been cancelled, at least until the next time something needs to be cleaned.

Thank God we don't have bunk beds!

3 comments:

Amy said...

so funny! This is why Alex's bunk beds are now de-bunked. I thought they'd go crashing through the floor!

Anonymous said...

And all this while we chatted on line . :) You didn't mention that while we chatted and I wrote a very poorly constructed, (mispelled words and all)sentence or two you were busy running a half mile down the hall and capturing those two little birdies in action and then doing a return trip back to the computer before I even finished a thought or two. You are truly an amazing woman. :)
Congratulations on figuring out how to do a thousand things at once. Happy New Year and may the stories and glimpses of your everyday life continue.
Love,
G.

Linda said...

Wow! You are a woman of good humor. Sarah never attempted anything like this when she was little as she knew that I would explode.

Still though she likes to jump on her bed though while she's practicing her dance routines even though we tell her not to, since she broke the last frame and now she's broke her new box spring as well, on one corner.

Be safe and have a fun 2009! ;-)