Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gotta Love A Desert Sunset


There is nothing quite like a sunrise or sunset out here in Arizona. I may only see one sunrise a year, but I see the sunset almost every night. This is monsoon season which brings a lot of clouds and thunderstorms. Tonight as the sun set and a storm moved in the sky was the most brillant colors of orange and pink. I called everyone out to see it as sometimes you just have to stop for a moment and marvel at the beauty of our world. I quickly grabbed the camera and started taking pictures of my kids with the sunset as the backround. It doesn't get more beautiful than that, at least for me anyway. As Forest Gump said, "Then in the desert, when the sun comes up, I couldn't tell where heaven stopped and the earth began. It was so beautiful". I couldn't agree more.





**This was not a nude photo shoot. :o) The kids had just finished playing in the sprinklers and were in their underwear.**

2 comments:

Linda said...

Bless your heart, Gina. I love the photos and all of your posts. My heart goes out to David tonight on the loss of his dear Grandma.

Many blessings to all of you,
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Great pics - beautiful sunset and adorable children! Can't wait to see you this weekend! Love you!