Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Scottsdale Part 2, The Phoenix Children's Museum

One of the reasons I wanted to come on this little trip was to take the kids to the Phoenix Children's Museum. We've heard so many great things about it, but we had never been. Now I know what all the fuss was about.

We were greeted by this enormous climber. That's Noah in the stroller in the front.

This thing is over 3 stories high and the kids just had a blast. There's Em in the orange and Ben in the yellow shirt way up high.

This was the funniest little rat maze. Ben was afraid to just drop down, so he was making me laugh. Emily flew through with no problem.

This was this fun mix of tubes and you put in a colored scarf and it would pop out somewhere else way up high.





The kids thought that was it and they would've been totally happy playing here for 4 hours. But, we still had two floors to see.
Starting with the Noodle Forest, full of 5,000 trees, err, noodles.

At the other end was this desert den. The kids loved this cactus that had velcro tarantulas on it and you'd spin a wheel and they would fly off the top.

Then, I lost Ben.

I was making sure Em got her turn with the flying tarantula wheel and I turned around and he was gone. I was 99% sure he was in the noodle forest, but what if he went out of the desert den. I panicked for a few minutes until I saw his little nikes emerge out of the entrance of the noodle forest. Whew... Ben claims he was never lost, he was just in the noodle forest. Glad he knew where he was while I was freaking out.

We are on the third floor and that is the climber from the first floor behind them.


Then, they have a reading area. Great idea in theory, but my kids lasted for these pictures and then they ran off. Reading was not what they wanted to do with so much sensory overload.



These were cool cars that you put on the track and pulled a lever and off they went. The kids loved this thing.


This was the cutest market area. Where you could gather up groceries and produce and then get it rung up by the cashier.

And this is the cutest cashier I've ever seen.


They planted flowers.


And played with sand on a table full of colored lights.


I brought lunch and we stopped to eat, which the kids did not want to do, but I made them.


They rode bikes through the car wash.

About 10 times...


They painted a castle and themselves.


Ben thought this levitating ball was the coolest thing ever. I think he thought he was a magician because he could make it float in air.


It was like Disneyland, we saw everything and then we went back and did our favorites over again. The kids had a wonderful time.

And this little man was an absolute trooper. He just hung out in his stroller and watched everything. He is so curious and he still had a smile on after 4 hours.


Then we got in the car and the kids were complaining about how hot it was. I told Emily that her first word ever was "hot". Then, we decided to move to Prescott.


We got home and took a dip in the pool. And when you have a baby that was a tropper all day, you owe it to him to let him nap in the other room for as long as he wants. Plus, the kids needed a break too. Fold out sofa, pajamas, popcorn and we made it home in time for Arthur.

They have a rough life.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hooray - what fun!!!! That museum looks just like The City Museum in St. Louis - it's a quirky, fun place just like that with all the same sorts of things. Sarah and Jenny love The City Museum - well, perhaps "loved" - not sure if they'd still like it at their age, but for years, they requested to go there every summer.

So glad you're having a great time. :)