Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Scottsdale Part 1

We left for Scottsdale just in time for Noah's nap. He slept the entire way. The kids watched Jungle Book with heaphones. David and I relaxed and talked the entire way. It was almost too easy. But, we deserve a break every once in a while.

We checked in our room. Emily thought it was "lovely". I don't know how lovely it is, but it's spacious and will do quite nicely for 2 days. I kind of wish it was longer. But, it is what it is, so I will squeeze out every ounce of fun we can.

It was a little past 6:00 and we were all hungry. We fed Noah a big bowl of rice cereal with squash. And we headed to one of our favorite local pizza chains, NYPD Pizza. We thought we died and went to heaven.


We weren't sure if the skies would cooperate, but we decided to go to the pool afterwards.


It was so warm, it felt like bath water. It was lovely.


Then, it was time for baths and bed hopping.



David already gave me a lecture about how dangerous that is, so I'll stop them from now on. But, it's a must in a hotel room, right?

Now, Noah is asleep in the living room/kitchen area and we are all in the room with the beds watching TV. I feel like we are prisoners in this room because we don't want Noah to wake up. But we are heading to bed soon and it's only 9:00. Everyone is going to be up at 7:30 whether we go to be now or in an hour, so I'd rather have rested kids for tomorrow's adventures.

Whatever they may be.

3 comments:

katie said...

Aw man, where is that pick of you jumping on the bed on vacation? I think Pam has it. Just like their mother!

Linda said...

I'm soooo impressed - you had time to Blog??!!!! :O I guess I'd better get back to mine, as I have no excuse then, lol.

So glad to see everything is going well. That's a HUGE pizza!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hope you are continuing to have a good visit to Scottsdale. Day 3 up and running... maybe your optimistic tone will have soured a little after taking care of the 3 chocolate eyed little ones in a small suite as opposed to your large spacious living space at home?? Anyway... I know you are innovative and probably had a great time. ☼ I hope so..
Love,
G