Thursday, July 8, 2010

Big Things

A lot of major stuff is happening around here.

Like, Emily is a pro at riding her bike. I started the video a few seconds late, but she took off by herself too.


And, her bottom tooth is loose.


She kept complaining that her tooth hurt, but when she tried to show me which one, she pointed to one a few away from her front teeth. I think it's hard to know exactly which one feels off. Then, she finally showed me her bottom tooth and sure enough, it's got the wiggles. She was so cute at the dinner table. She said to herself, "I can't believe I'm going to lose my tooth." I could tell she was so excited. Then, I started crying because my baby can't be loosing a tooth. That tooth just came in like yesterday! Then, she started freaking out because I was crying. Then, her and Ben had a little collision at the lake yesterday and now her top tooth is loose too. Not sure if the collision jarred it or if it was heading that way anyway. In any case, I'm buying corn on the cob one last time just for her.

And this little guy is 11 months old today, technically 9 months.

And he's got the wiggles too.
At his 9 month well visit, his doctor asked if he was crawling yet. He was no where near that as his adjusted age was only 7 months. She said most babies crawl at 9 months, so he'll probably do it in a few more months. And almost right on cue, he is starting to get around.




And now I need to spend the day baby proofing the house. Hungry Hippo marbles...gotta go and same with you Polly Pocket. I don't trust Emily and Ben to be responsible enough to put everything up, so it will go in a bin for now and we'll revisit it in a year or so. On the plus side, Noah is not an oral baby. He likes to look and exam things instead of put them in his mouth. Which is a good thing and will probably prevent me from finding a Barbie high heel in his diaper one day.

See what I have to look forward to.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Big things indeed!!! All wonderful milestones of childhood and it's fantastic that you cherish every moment. :)

Hope you have a great weekend. We're off on another adventure - the annual family reunion in Southern Illinois tomorrow.