Monday, July 12, 2010

Idaho Part 3

The day started off cool and rainy.
We headed to the movies to see Toy Story 3 in 3D.
It cost $43 for the 4 of us to get in.
And they were out of children's 3D glasses.
The adult ones would not stay on Ben, so my Dad went to talk to the manager. They got some child ones out of the recycle bin and sanitized them. They still wouldn't stay up on Ben.


So, my Dad went back out and got some scotch tape and taped them to his forehead.


It worked perfectly. The movie was great, but I didn't think the 3D was justified with almost double the price of admission. It was cool and all, but after 5 minutes, you kind of just forgot it was in 3D. Nothing popped out at you like it did in the olden days of 3D.

By the time we got home, the rain clouds were gone. We spent some time hanging out on the dock and fishing.




And we had to take another ride on the jet skis.



This video is proof that my Dad is just a sixtysomething year old kid.


I decided to get one photo of the kids. So, I told them to get together and smile.
They did anything but what I asked.




They finally posed and smiled for the last photo and you know what? I like the other ones better of them being completely themselves.

On our last morning, we were lucky to catch a fish.


And, we got out the BB guns for some target practice.



Then, it was back to the airport to head home. It actually was the perfect travel day. We got to the airport, walked right up to the ticket counter, walked right up to security (spokane is a small airport), ordered a little lunch, ate at our own pace, walked to our gate and they just started boarding, went to the bathroom and when we all got back it was final boarding call, plane took off a few minutes early, landed early, went to the bathroom, walked to baggage claim, waited 2 seconds for our luggage and booster seats, walked out the door and the shuttle just pulled up, first people dropped off at our parking spot, right onto the freeway. We got home almost 2 hours earlier than I had estimated. That almost never happens.

It was the perfect ending to a perfect trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful vacation you had! Great pics and good documentation . I'm sure the kids will remember what a great time they had. Emily will even have stuff to talk about(when she goes back to school) how she spent her summer vacation. Even though when I asked both Emily and Ben if they had a good time they both remarked that they loved the raft the best. They answered independently of each other, on different days, so I guess that is what impressed them both the most.
Thanks for sharing and making all the rest of us jealous. Ha!☼
Love,
G.

pam said...

What a great family vacation! So happy you all had a nice time. Love the pic of David and Noah. And yes, I agree, I love all the pics of Ben and Emily not doing what you asked better. You have a beautiful family, friend! Love you!

Linda said...

Wonderful photos and a precious time!! :)

I felt the same way about the 3D during Toy Story 3 - I was expecting things to jump out and like you, after 5 minutes, I didn't notice the 3D effect anymore and would have been happy just going to the regular version which was in an adjoining theater.