Amy did not get in a photo because by the time she got there, the kids were laying down in the huge circle bench table that we had and I was too busy trying to get them to sit up. The museum wore them out and who could blame them. The waitress put a mug of water too close to Noah and he grabbed it in about a half of a second. It went everywhere. It was chaos, fun chaos.
We woke up Thursday morning and I didn't feel great. I had a headache and was a little nauseous. Ben seems to wiggle all night and put his feet in my back and Noah woke up at 5:00 just to punish me. I fed him a bottle and was laying with him on the fold out sofa when David came in to relieve me. My husband...he's wonderful. If I didn't have a headache and fussy baby, I would've showed him how wonderful he is.
By the time David left for the conference, Noah and I were ready for a nap and it was only 8:15. I felt bad making Em and Ben sit in the hotel room while Noah slept, so I took them to the park for a little bit.
It was only 9:30 and the entire playground is shaded with a canopy and it was still so hot. And technically, we lucked out with cooler days in the low 100's. At least it wasn't 115.
They had fun.
See, Ben actually does smile! I just have to get a candid shot to see it.
And our little princess has another tooth with the wiggles! The other bottom front one. The tooth fairy is going to go broke around here.
Noah was loving the swings.
Is there anything better than a baby on a swing? No.
I could have pushed him all day. He'd laugh and smile and I'd eat up his toes. It was wonderful.
After 20 minutes, Emily said she felt like throwing up. Too much heat. We headed straight for the hotel and the kids and I vegged out in the living room area while Noah slept in the bedroom for over 2 hours. Then, we went to the pool and went to pick up David because he got out a little early.
We stopped at Dunkin' Donuts on the way out of town.
And you know what, I was totally unimpressed. They've automated everything since we owned one. And you can tell. A machine cuts them, fries them and frosts them. The love isn't in them anymore. David had about a teaspoon of cream in his and my chocolate frosting was skimpy. I can get a better donut at the grocery store. Sad. I'm glad we sold ours when we did. It would have been depressing to watch corporate ruin something so good. No wonder the store was empty.
We were all happy to be home. Ben went straight to his room and put on a costume. He was probably going through withdrawals. Emily played with her dolls. Noah was thrilled to crawl around his big home again and say hi to his dog.
He did not miss Rocko's breath.
Crawling up the roller coaster. He's a thrill seeker already.
I lived in Phoenix for almost 34 years. I never thought I'd move. Then we had kids and knew we needed to make a change for them, for us, and for our family. We wanted to raise our kids in a smaller town at a slower pace with moderate temperatures. It was fun to visit for 48 hours, but I was thrilled to be coming home.
3 comments:
Sweet :)
Glad you had the time away together and that you're home safe.
Glad you made it home safe. Was worried about you having to drive home in the storm. It was great seeing all of you! Love you!
totally with you. i was raised in phoenix, too. 18 years. can't stand to go back. it's so freakin' hot. i don't know how i managed before. :)
Post a Comment