Thursday, July 1, 2010

Partly Sunny

The forecast was for partly cloudy skies. I prefer to say partly sunny skies. It's the glass is half empty/half full type of thing. In any case, it was another beautiful day.

Dial up is running really slow tonight and it's late, so two pictures is as good as it's getting for today. Not only do they only get dial up, but the computer is from last century. So, there is no SD card slot. The horror! All these pictures are from Suzy's camera and when I get home, I'll have to pick my favorites from my camera and post those too.

Noah woke up 3 times last night, so I slept until 10:00. While I was sleeping, my Dad, Emily and Ben got the fishing poles set up on the dock. Only two of Emily's seven worms lived through the night. Apparently, Suzy went out to have a cigarette and thought it was an empty cup with some coke in the bottom. She put her cigarette in there and then squished it into the soil when it didn't go out. Then, she realized it was the cup with worms and a little soil in the bottom. She was grossed out. Five of the worms died of lung cancer immediately.

The poles were set up all day, but we have yet to catch anything. We'll go digging for more worms tomorrow. Those little bugger fish ate most of the worm and never got the hook. They must be smarter than they look.

My Dad got the speed boat in the water and holy cow. We went for a ride behind that thing and we almost lost Emily. I have it on video and she yells for help and David grabs her in mid air. Crazy. When that speed boat whips you from the left side of the wake to the right, you better be holding on. It was quite a ride. My Dad is only going 25, but it's enough to be better than most rides at Disney. Of course we all have life vests on, but nobody wants to go swimming.

When we were here 2 years ago, I was a nervous wreck. A two and three year old don't follow rules too well. This time, it's a lot better. They know they are not allowed on the dock without an adult. It's still full alert with a river right there. It's like having a pool with no fence around it. But, it's much better this year and we've only had two minor incidents.

Ben and Em climbed up on the pontoon boat on the back instead of using the door. Ben decided to get down and as his body was sliding down the side of the boat, it had moved away from the dock by a few inches. Just enough to let his little body slide through. Luckily David was right there and stopped him.

The other incident was tragic. Emily and my Dad were walking on the dock and Emily dropped her beloved Porky (her lovey pig) in the water. My Dad fished him out, but he needed a spin in the washer and dryer before going to bed.

Anyway, here's David and Noah hanging out. Noah was in rare form today and wouldn't settle down for half the day.


After a full day of activities, we had a campfire and made smores with the biggest marshmallows I've ever seen. Perfect ending to another perfect day.


It's so weird here. It gets dark around 9:30-10:00 and the sun comes up at 3:30. Maybe that's part of Noah's problem with sleeping through the night.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 60 degrees and stormy. If so, we are heading to see Toy Story 3.

2 comments:

pam said...

It's so pretty there, beans! Thanks goodness Porky is ok - crisis averted! So happy you're having a great time. Can't wait for my vay-kay next week! Love ya!

Linda said...

Birds start singing here at 3:30 in the morning, lol. We've been sleeping with the windows opened all week due to the lovely, cooler temps, and I was up last "night" at 3:30 a.m. :)

You are really having some great adventures! Your kids are braver than I am - I would never leave the boat, as I don't swim and am afraid of deep water. :O

Such a wonderful place to get away from it all. ♥