Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We're Off

I haven't written in almost a week! I don't know how or why that happens. Sometimes, I feel like I could blog twice a day and other times, I have the ideas for blogs in my head but I just don't ink them, err type them, whatever.

This is what my kids look like in the morning.

I feel like being in a bad mood sometimes because I'm tired or whatever, but look at them and all those brown eyes. I turn to mush.

Anyway, David has a supervisor's conference in Scottsdale for two days starting tomorrow. If someone told me that I could go to Scottsdale for two days by myself, I would not even hesitate. Well, maybe for like 3 seconds (one for each kid), but then I'd think of the fabulous Kierland Commons shopping area where wonderful stores like Crate and Barrel and Anthropologie await and I'd leave my happy home during the 4th second. There is a Starbucks on every corner and the food. Don't get me started on the food. I took it for granted living in Phoenix. I can't even get a good pizza pie in this small town and forget about chinese food. Oh gosh, and my kids have never even been to a donut shop, like a real Dunkin Donuts. And my family owned one for 15 years! It's a crime I tell you.

Back to the conference, so David says he will miss us and wants us to come. I think he is smoking something good that my brother must have given him and maybe I need some of that. I imagine all of us in a hotel room and Noah up 5 times crying. I thought he could sleep in the bathtub and shut the door if it gets bad. Then, David got the info on where he was staying. A Homewood Suites. Two double beds in their own room, with a door and a TV! On the other side is a living room area (aka bedroom for Noah) and a small kitchen with a microwave for heating up bottles. It's only two nights. I'm thinking we can so do this.

So we are!
We leave this afternoon.
Wish me luck!
But just in case, I have my brother's number on speed dial.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I've been wondering where you were, checking faithfully day after day, even though I haven't been writing on the blog either. Today, I'm just happy to have finished up my news column which runs a week from tomorrow (gulp - that's late for me).

Anyway - what a great, fun thing to do!!! I hope everything goes well and that you all have fun. Knowing you, how organized you must be, everything will be wonderful. Looking forward to updates when you return. :)