June 28th came and went last year without the movement of any major appliances. We put it off and put it off. Then, we had a preemie baby and life changed. Majorly. Even though Noah still isn't sleeping through the night (yes he's one!), we are getting more rest. He usually wakes up once for a quick bottle and some nights he doesn't wake up. You never know. But the point is, we are getting more sleep.
With Emily in school, I'm finding that I can actually accomplish things around the house for the first time in a year. It's rewarding. But, I bit off way more than I can chew this morning.
I was supposed to just mop the floors.
But, the other day, Noah was trying to get something in the space between the fridge. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but when I was sweeping (followed by vacuuming, followed by swiffering, followed by mopping) I noticed what he was going for.
Well, I'm not sure if it was the red magnet, Rocko's tennis ball, or the cheerio. But in any case, I decided to pull out all the major appliances today.
I truly don't know what I was thinking. Noah was only going to be asleep for 90 minutes tops. I didn't have time to be doing this. But, I did it. I didn't show you the stove picture because it's too disgusting. And that front plastic part on the bottom of the fridge does come off and what I found stuck to the grill behind there was nasty. Black dog hair and dust everywhere. I think my fridge will run more efficiently now that it's not wearing a fur coat.
We haven't had a black dog in over 8 months.
I sucked everything up in the Hoover and pine sol'd my way around the house.
And around Noah.
It was no small feat. I think there is a special place in heaven for stay at home Mom's who move out major appliances by themselves and clean everything.
In the meantime, I have to go tackle this huge clean pile of laundry. Between all that moving, I was washing every set of sheets in our house after hearing about all the bed bug outbreaks. It just makes me itch to see those little suckers on the news. Yuck.
I tell ya, my life is exciting.
2 comments:
Don't feel bad - I don't have any little ones and I can't even remember the last time I pulled out the appliances and cleaned there and our house is 10 years old this year, so you can imagine how dirty it must be under and behind them, but I'm not worried.
Something must be working for me, in that I don't really deep clean very often, we're rarely ever sick, and Sarah could have easily had perfect attendance these past school years, if I hadn't taken her out early a day or two. They say it's good to live with germs, maybe that's true. :P
Still - I know that eventually I too need to tackle those tasks. Our house doesn't "look" dirty, I vacuum and sometimes dust. I'm just not into it anymore.
Gina, I was thinking maybe that should have been a Wednesday night housewife trick. I don't even know how you could pull out that huge fridge. But, you did and good for you. David is so lucky to have you for his wife cause he is a little picky too about the cleanliness aspect. Always room for complaint where he grew up of course. Between he and his sister they kept me in check and did their fair share of the work believe me. So thanks for taking care of that part of keeping him happy.
I just heard about the bed bug spree going on across the country. Good to know that you're on top of it.☼
Love,
G
Post a Comment