Sunday, August 8, 2010

One

It was nice to reflect on Noah's entry into the world in my last post.

But this is now, and let me tell you a little about my boy.

He is crawling all over the place and pulling himself up on anything and everything. He still is not sleeping through the night, but he wakes up once for a bottle and quickly goes back to sleep. He loves watching Elmo. He will eat any fruit and vegetables, and cheerios are his favorite. He talks. A lot. Not that any of it makes sense, but he likes to hear his own voice. He did crawl towards David as he was babbling Dada, and he seems to say up after we say it. He's observant and stubborn. He smiles and laughs easily. Emily is by far his favorite person. He loves going to the pool with us and doesn't even complain about the cold water. He's usually pretty happy and content. He likes to be held and he loves when we do "chicken wings" on him. That's when we lift his arm and tickle him. He just cracks up. He's simply wonderful.

His silhouette looks like Gumby.


We are moving the crib mattress down today.


We got him some balloons for his birthday.


Ben put sprinkles on the cake.


Emily put on the "1" candle.


Noah was pretty excited about all of it.


He opened a few presents.


Emily and Ben having Ben dying for these pillow pets that they see advertised on a TV commercial. I went to the web page and let them show me which one they liked best. I ordered one for each of them. I got Noah the monkey because we call him monkey munch, monkey moo, monkey butt...and Noah got to open his first. I thought the kids would be all mad that Noah got one and they didn't, but to my surprise, they were genuinely happy that he got one. Noah on the other hand could've cared less.


Then, I let Emily open hers. She wanted the dolphin.


And Ben opened his. He wanted the lady bug. I tried to encourage something fierce like the lion or alligator, but he wanted the lady bug. So be it.


Noah's favorite was the wrapping paper.


Then he had cake. He still is not into thicker textures and even a piece of banana will make him puke. So, I wasn't sure how this would go.
At first, he wasn't so sure about it.

But he was curious.





Then, he just decided to lick it. Good tactic.



When all was said and done, this was as messy as he got. But he had fun, and that's what it's all about.

Happy first birthday son.
We love you bunches.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome blog, Gina. Happy Birthday to Noah!!! What a year it has been and I am so thankful that he is a strong, happy boy after the rough start he had. Looks like he had a wonderful birthday today!

Dak

Linda said...

Soooo sweet!! :) Glad he had a fun day and I love that Emily & Ben helped out. :)

pam said...

Yea! So much better than the hospital!! He's such a cutie. Happy birthday, Noah. Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

So sorry I didn't get to see Noah on his birthday. I tried skyping several times yesterday, but I guess no one was near the computer or maybe you were out. I should have mentioned it to David when i spoke to him in the morning. But, the pictures give me a fairly good idea of how the day went.He does look so big and strong and handsome compared to the pictures I saw yesterday. Quite a year that's for sure.On to year two , my dear little Noah.♥♥
Love,
G

Sarah said...

wow, it just doesn't seem possible. how can he be one already? happy happy birthday to noah!