Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fruit and New Tricks

We buy a lot of fruit. We go to Costco or Sams at least once a week and get the humongous containers of berries, peaches or whatever else looks good. And we eat it all. On the rare occasion, we don't finish something before it starts to go bad, we freeze it for smoothies. We usually always have fruit in the house. But this morning, David tells me he is eating the last orange and only has one semi-rotten apple left. I guess he'll eat around the rotten spots. We do have grapes, but I'm finding out that my family is not all that into grapes.

So, I go with the last resort and pack Emily applesauce in her lunch box. Then, Ben asks for fruit. Ummm, ummm, he doesn't like applesauce (me either). Ummm, we have grapes. Nope, he wants blueberries. Don't have any. How about raspberries? He's happy about that idea. So, we went outside and picked a bowl for him. And we even got 3 strawberries. It was a good morning.


I tell him not to smile because when he does a fake smile his eyes get all squinty and he looks like he's in pain. So, this solemn expression is the look I get and I just have to roll with it.

And Noah has learned a few new tricks like how to climb up on the sofa and where the tupperware cabinet is.


What this means for me is that I will no longer be able to shower unless he is asleep.
And I actually have to pay attention to what he is doing now.

1 comment:

Linda said...

That's wonderful that you guys eat so much fruit!! So healthy! Wish I could say we do that, but we don't. It pains me to eat most fruit, lol, though I love berries of any type and cherries. I did bring up Sarah liking fruit though and she still normally has a nightly snack of some sort of fruit - last night it was..... GRAPES. LOL :o)