Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mama's Gotta Do, What Mama's Gotta Do

I had to make homemade egg rolls yesterday. We had been out for almost a month. If you've never made egg rolls before, you are missing out. I was always disappointed in anything I'd get in a restaurant, so I tried an at home recipe and it's one of our favorites. I make a big batch and freeze them. Then, I take 2 out whenever we make Chinese food and they are the perfect side dish.

But this post isn't about egg rolls, it's about what I had to do to be able to get an hour to make the egg rolls. I gave Noah his first Dum Dum sucker.

I had to stop to snap 38 photos of him, but it kept him busy for over 30 minutes and I was able to get my egg rolls done.

Emily is doing great in school so far. She is becoming so confident. She makes me proud. She always wants to play with Noah. After school, Ben, Noah and I wait for her outside the main entrance and she runs up to us. I hold out my free arm to hug her and she goes right for Noah. They love each other. Don't they look alike? Right down to the dimple on the right side.


We've had appointments the past 2 days in the morning, so Noah's nap gets pushed back a little. By the time we get home, he is exhausted and falls right to sleep. He usually turns to his side or immediately rolls on his stomach. Today, he was so tired that he just laid right where I put him. He looks so sweet that I had to get the camera.


And you haven't seen many pictures of Ben lately because he isn't wearing costumes much anymore. Instead, he wants to be naked. All the time. We are so used to it that we don't even notice. I'm hoping it's just a phase. He also wants to be Catwoman or a ladybug for Halloween. I'm hoping that's just a phase too.

3 comments:

Linda said...

You always manage to make me smile. :D

Yes, they look alike.

This is going to sound like my Dad who has spent a lifetime of saying to my sisters and I, and now the Grandchildren, "Be Careful", but.... be careful with the Dum Dum suckers. Once I had one where the candy came right off in my mouth - guess it wasn't stuck on the stick so much - so right away I think... choking hazard. But I'm sure you were right there, since you were snapping cute photos :) There.... I'm done sounding like my Dad now.

Our neighbor brought us homemade eggrolls around Christmas time and they are indeed yummy and would be a dangerous snack for me to have around as I could easily devour a few at a time...

Would love to have the recipe.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Yes, Linda is right you are a great little comedian. You can make any humdrum story sound fun! Not so sure what's going on with our little Superhero. Don't know if running around nude is a normal growth phase or not. Considering he will be starting school in a few weeks, let's hope it's a PASSING PHASE. Not sure where those caps came from but I'll leave them,in hopes they prove to be the case.
Noah and Emily do seem to have some sort of bond for sure and you're right they do look so similar. I love Noah's sleeping pic. A real little doll. ☼
Love,
G.

Stacy Shoup said...

I am the marketing administrator for Spangler Candy Co. (maker of Dum Dum Pops) and whenever Dum Dums are mentioned online, we get an automated email sent notifying us. We are having a contest to find pictures of our biggest Dum Dum fans and I just thought you might be interested in submitting one of these adorable pics. You can go to www.lifeofdumdums.com to see the prizes and other info. Thanks!
Stacy Shoup
Marketing Administrator Spangler Candy Co.