Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Girl Wants To Party All The Time

Did my girl have a great sixth birthday?
I'd have to say YES!
She had party after party, so she celebrated all weekend long.

Aunt Pam (my BFF) came up from Phoenix and brought gifts.

We all love a visit from Aunt Pam. She dotes on the kids and they eat it up.

Next was Emily's birthday party at Peter Piper Pizza. That's where she wanted it, so that's where we had it. I originally thought we'd do a water party in the backyard and it's a good thing we didn't because it was cool and windy that day. Besides, messes that happen at Peter Piper stay at Peter Piper, and that's just fine with me.

Emily started her party with a ride on some weird horse. One token down, 59 to go.


Kids (including my husband) love video games.


Emily liked the roller coaster simulator.


She got to make her own pizza.


And we had cake.


Even Noah.


Then, it was time to open presents. My girl loves presents.

I think she had a fun birthday party with 12 of her closest friends.

She went to school on Monday with a bag full of stuff as she was the "person of the week". She also had a snack to share with everyone for her birthday. She got a crown and everyone sang to her. She said it was a good day.

Then, I tried to round out her day with a meal that she requested.

First, comes the licking of the potato beaters.


And what did she want for her special dinner? Hot carrots. That's right, not the steamed ones dipped in ranch, the hot ones that I put in with the pot roast. So, I made it all for her complete with potato rolls.


Presents were next. Emily loves presents. She rarely cares what she gets. She just likes to open gifts. So, I wrapped her about 7 boxes inside one another. She had never seen this trick before, so she was a little confused. She opened the first box and thought that we actually bought her a humidifier. And she said, "I love humidifiers!" Isn't that sweet? She would've been okay with a humidifier.

Then, she realized there was another present inside and so it went...



In the end, she got lady bug earrings, a book and some Whimzy Pets. These little animals that you can attach to stuff, so she attached them to her headband.

All 3 sets of grandparents sent her gifts or cards, so she opened those too. She is just like her Dad and they both smell things. She opened her new shirt and smelled it.

Since we already had cake and leftover cake, and she brought Swiss Cake Rolls to school, she wanted Lofthouse sugar cookies for her birthday treat.

Then, the kids played in the boxes and wrapping paper.

All I wanted was for my girl to feel special and loved on her birthday.
After all of these celebrations, I'd say mission accomplished.

3 comments:

Linda said...

What a wonderful day!! :) I loved reading all about it and seeing the great photos. I read the part about the hot carrots twice, because that tickled me. Very, very cute and sweet.

pam said...

I love the birthday week of fun! Or in Em's case, weekend. So glad she had a great birthday. Hugs and kisses to all!

Anonymous said...

Wow! what a way to celebrate. That looked like one of those "birthday weekend deals" to me. I'm glad Emily had such a nice and memorable birthday.All I can really think of to say,is " Does anyone here like pizza with lots of black olives, cheese and a bit of pepperoni?". I could see the look on Emily's face when she was opening her multiple boxes, changing from such happiness to the look of, "oh no you got me again." We were waiting for the pics all weekend and they were worth the wait. Emily is truly a doll. ♥WE love her.♥
Love,
G.