We planted much later this year as we were still getting snow a few days before May. So, we've barely had anything edible yet, a few zucchini, one tomato. Forget about the bell peppers and cucumbers that we planted. It seems zucchini and tomato plants are popping up where we didn't even plant them and choking out the weak (bell peppers and cucumbers).
Our raspberry bushes are doing beautifully. But, you can see the golden raspberries are the majority and the red ones are few and far between. David says they have a different maturity rate. So, maybe next month they will switch ratios.
And holy basil! I don't know what happened to it this year, but I think it's on steroids.
We've made several versions of pesto and froze them for the winter. And we still have enough basil to make a small town in Italy very happy. Anybody need some? It's choking out my poor parsley that I need for meatballs and rice pilaf. It's nothing but a basil bully.
1 comment:
Those raspberries look great!! I've never tried the golden variety - neat!
Post a Comment