The kids started Karate yesterday. Emily wanted to do Karate instead of tap or ballet. It makes it easier for me if they both want to do the same activity and can be in the same class, so I went with what they both wanted. I was debating on keeping them in gymnastics too, but decided they can do both. I don't worry about Ben, but Emily is in school all day and I didn't know if she'd have the energy (mentally and physically) do to an activity 3 days a week after school. Karate is every Tuesday and Thursday. Gymanstics is every Wednesday. She had no problem yesterday. After all, other than recess, there is no physical activity in school except 40 minutes of PE once a week. And yesterday at recess, Emily told me they watched an ant. So, I can't assume that recess is always physical.
The class started with some basic moves.
Ben was getting into it. Sorry the picture is a little blurry. I was pretty far away, holding a baby in one hand, the camera in the other and I hadn't eaten since breakfast.
Then some stretching.
I love that Emily is stretching perfectly with knees loose and toes pointed.
And Ben looks like he's about ready to tear his ACL.
Emily is such a good listener and was one of the best kids in the class. Ben, well, he's still slightly in his own world and had to do pushups once for not focusing. As in this video when the sensei says "face forward" and Ben's faces backwards. He'll get it though.
They both did great for their first class.
1 comment:
Very cute! :)
Interesting topic being that Sarah is already struggling with the demands of school, marching band and cheerleading. It's constant practices and she hates it (marching band). I've already had to speak to teachers/coaches, trying to get some balance. I never liked to be that busy either. To me, life is busy enough without a ton more activities. So.... they worked out a compromise and Sarah gets to skip marching band practice on Mondays, since that's when Cheerleading Junior/Varsity games are.
Hope your schedule continues to go well. ♥
Post a Comment