Monday, August 23, 2010

Oh Nuts!

This morning, I packed Emily her lunch for school. The peanut butter was almost out. I know before you recycle the container, you are supposed to scrape the insides with a spatula. I'm a busy Mom. I don't have time for spatula's. I went the easy route.

While Rocko was cleaning that Jif container better than a spatula ever could, I was fixing Emily's hair. Then, we walked out and saw this.

My first response was to gag. But, he'd already been at it for several minutes, so what's a few more seconds. I grabbed my camera because that's just the kind of Mom I am. I've given Noah a little bit of peanut butter on a cheerio, but he was fully enjoying this. Lip smacking good.

About 5 minutes later, his face looked like this.

I'm praying it's not a peanut allergy and just a reaction to the massive amount of dog saliva. He started to get fussy and the rash was on his hands too. It went away after about an hour and he seems fine now. I'll have to do a little peanut butter experiment some other time. We've already had enough excitement for one day.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my gosh, ugh :P

I have to tell you that's what Sarah's skin looks like if milk touches it. Though peanut allergy, from what I've read, is far more serious of a reaction. Don't know if that's true for everyone though. Maybe just the dog saliva.

Never a dull moment there huh? And here all Jim and I had to do yesterday was make sure Sarah and Zach didn't go too far with their kissy face time. :P Ughh.....

Aimee V said...

Oh boy, I hope it's not a peanut allergy. Be really careful, my nephew is allergic to peanuts really bad. Hopefully it was just the dog saliva!

Piper said...

My oldest got a rash on his face/hands/arms whenever he had ranch dressing but he grew out of it and can now have it :) He was sensitive to something in there and would get really mad he couldn't have it because he loved it :p But when he was no longer sensitive and could have it, he didn't like it anymore!

Anonymous said...

OMG I was laughing so hard at the pictures until I saw the commentary at the bottom. I wonder if it was just that little man was trying to get his mouth tongue and of course hands in the jar. and that was the reason for the redness and swelling. I hope it is not the other mentioned reason. Was Ben freaking out when he saw that? I was talking to David on Sat. when Noah put something in his mouth and Ben was crying out, "he's going to die, he's going to die".
Anyway hope he's ok now and like you mentioned a little experimenting at a later time might be helpful.Have the benedryl handy in case... ☼
Love,
G.