Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Around Our House

We said goodbye to Grampie on Saturday. The kids always love when he visits. We will all miss him.

Aunt Pam (my BFF) can't make it up for a visit before Halloween, so she sent the kids some gifts in the mail. She's always so sweet and gets them books for each holiday. She's been a big contributor in our 500 book library for the kids.

As soon as they opened them, they immediately went to sit down and start reading.

Even Noah wanted in on the deal.

Yesterday another box arrived filled with goody bags of candy. They were in the process of putting goody bags together for Em's class and we had to stop to enjoy some sweet treats. Even Noah was enjoying a bag of M&M's.

The kids somehow convinced me to make pumpkin cookies. I don't' think they had to twist my arm too much. These are my favorite. I love them, a little too much. We all do. We will eat 3 dozen cookies in 3 days. The kids were busy "helping" me make cookies. Which means Emily was eating the leftover pumpkin in the can and Ben was licking sugar off his hand.

Noah got his first taste and he is a fan as well.

Em and Ben put on a tap dance for Noah the other night. I love that Ben will put on tap shoes and dance with his sister, and Em will put on a karate outfit and have fun doing that. They are awesome.

Emily has her very first field trip today to a pumpkin patch in Chino Valley. She is so excited. Not necessarily about the field trip or the pumpkin patch, she can't wait to ride in a school bus! I can't wait to hear what she thought about it.

Last night was the annual changeover from cotton to flannel sheets. And just in time, the house was 63 degrees this morning. Tonight the heat will have to go on.
Last year at this time, we had our first snow flurries of the season. Hoping that can hold off a little longer as it feels like Fall just got here.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Wow - 63! LOL - We've had mornings where it was 32 out and probably 50s in the house but no heat yet - I refuse to turn it on until at least November and maybe not even then unless it gets really cold. :) I did tell Jim that we should test it someday at least to make sure everything is set to go. We're still having upper 70s here - it's been very warm and... windy.

Love all of the photos. Aren't you going to entirely miss the days when Ben is in costume? It never seems like these days are going to end - but they do. So quickly, when we're not looking.

Love that they're both in tap shoes. And Pumpkin Cookies... yum - it is the season and I'm not even a true cookie fan, but I love those. My recipe is slightly different and has chocolate chips in them - I make 2 sets - one with and without the chips, as Jim doesn't like the chocolate chips but Sarah does. Anyway - I've already made them twice thus far, and that's not bad for a NON-baker.

Have a great remainder of the week. :)

pam said...

Yea! So happy both packages arrived. Hugs and kisses (and a boo!) from auntie pam. Love you!