Thursday, October 14, 2010

San Diego, Day 6, Legoland

We went to Legoland today. I had never been, so I was just as excited as the kids.

Ben and I on the fairytale river.

Noah loved this ride. It was about the only ride he could go on.

But gosh was he a good baby. He didn't sleep the entire time and he just went with the punches.

It was hard not to stop at every structure for a picture. They really are very impressive.

Here are David and Ben on the free fall. There was lots of baby swapping today which was awesome.

Ben driving the car. This was a ride for 3-5 year olds.

And this is where I need to insert a bad parenting moment...
To save time, I thought I would take Emily and Ben on the car driving ride for 3-5 year olds. Emily turned 6 about 45 days ago. What's the big deal right? I had told Emily if the lady asks to say she is 5. She tells me she can't do that. So I said, "Fine, I'll tell her." We get to the front of the line and the lady asks each kid. She gets to Emily and asks her. Emily says nothing. I said, "She's 5." The lady asks Emily, "Are you 5?" Emily says, "No, I'm 6." The lady told me she would have to ride the cars for 6-13 year olds. Another ride, another line. I'm ticked. I try to convince the lady that it's a month what difference does it make? And then I did something that I'm ashamed of. I told Emily she should have just lied. What was I thinking?

David took her to the older driving ride.

And then I apologized and told her that I did the wrong thing and she was right not to lie.

And speaking of lies, here's Emily in front of the Capital building.


And David taking on Darth Vader.


There were several rides that the kids could go on together. So David and I would hang back with Noah and let them. As we get older our ability to handle nonstop rides is decreasing. And here they are holding hands in line.

More random photos...


Doesn't Ben's smile look like the pumpkin?

Emily HAD to have a Shamu stuffed animal at Sea World, so we hadn't gotten Ben a souvenir yet. David spotted these characters with superhero bodies and we had to get one for him. This is when he saw it for the first time.

Ben as Spiderman. He's in heaven.

Legoland was a lot of fun. We got in for half price with some coupons I had and the lines were very short or nothing at all. Overall, it was a great day.
Tomorrow is our last day.
And we plan to spend it on the beach!

4 comments:

Linda said...

You're so funny - there were so many funny moments to read about in this. :) Have to commend Emily on insisting on telling the truth. Wish kids would stay like that, but somewhere later, they learn to lie. We've been through it a time or two ;) and that's all I'm saying.

Have a great last day of your trip

Anonymous said...

Well welcome to the final day of you days away from home. It sounds like you've had a very busy week and I am sure lots of fun memories. Emily will have lots of stories to tell her frineds at home and Ben will truly be able to always remember his days as a super hero. I love his sketch. We have a sketch of David made when he was just a little guy, done by a beach artist in Acapulco way back in the early 70's, but he was not a super hero, like your little man. It seems Noah held up well with all the comings and goings and he'll see himself in years to come in all your great photos.
Enjoy your last day at the beach and have a safe drive home. ☼
Love,
G.

brownymama said...

I have always wanted to go to Legoland! And I've told my kids to lie about their age too. I get the same response.... What are we thinking???? Love the pic of Ben and the jack o lantern. They do look alike in that photo! So funny!

Holly and Bo said...

Can you plan our next San Diego vacation for me? Looks like you guys are having an awesome time! Some great pictures. Have fun on your last day!