Monday, October 4, 2010

Around Our House

We've been having a heatwave here in the Southwest. But yesterday it was cooler and rainy, and the trend will continue throughout the week. It's finally starting to feel like Fall, so we decorated the house with our fall/Halloween decorations.

We bought these silly potato head type parts to put on the pumpkins. This pumpkin came from our garden.



Our friend gave us two more pumpkins from her garden. So, we had a family of silly pumpkin faces.

Don't they look cute outside?

********************
David and I have always spelled things in front of Emily. Should we go to the P-O-O-L after dinner? She started to figure out that one and a few others. Last week, I told him the F-A-I-R was in town. To which Emily replied, "The fairs in town!". S-H-I-T.
We've invented a new form of pig latin where the first and last letter means nothing. So, last night I said, "Do you want to go S-W-A-L-K-E?" She's totally stumped trying to figure out what sw word we are spelling. HAHAHAHAHA!
********************
This is what it looks like at 4:15 at my house. Noah is in the pantry. I'm putting away groceries and unloading the dishwasher, and Emily and Ben are doing homework. Homework? Yes, Ben brought home homework today from preschool.

And I just noticed that Ben is doing his homework in a Buzz Lightyear costume. It's the norm around here.
**********************
When Noah has something he likes to eat or drink, he moans afterwards. It's hysterical. I just fed him breakfast and knew he'd want some juice. I can tell from the moans that he likes it.

And that's about as exciting as things get around our house.
I love it.

1 comment:

Linda said...

A busy house for sure. For me, homework has always meant.... nagging. :P

Indian summer this week here - we had our first frosts and now the temps are going back up to upper 70s near 80 later this week... but we won't be here then. We'll be in Canada by Friday night.