Wednesday, October 13, 2010

San Diego, Day 5, A Day At The Bay

This is my niece from last night. She is feeding Abby Cadabby goldfish. She is so stinkin' cute.


Today was another beach day. But instead of going 5 houses down to the ocean, we went 10 houses the opposite way to mission bay. In the morning the high tide of the ocean is a bit much for the kids. The bay is calm and the kids loved it.

Noah has perfected this cheesy grin whenever I take out the camera.

The kids took turns being pulled around on the boogie board.


Noah was happy to sit on the blanket and watch the action. He's not a fan of sitting or crawling on the sand.

I have no idea what he is doing here.

Ben likes to pick up chunks of sand and throw them in the water.

Emily was giving paddle boarding a try.

It didn't go so well. But, she kept trying and was having fun.

This afternoon, we took the boardwalk down to Belmont Park to get ice cream. I don't know why Emily is walking the other direction in this picture.

Emily got mint chip.

Ben got cookies and cream.

I got Dulche de Leche. Then, Emily tried mine and wanted mine. So, I starting eating the mint chip. Then, Ben wanted to try the mint chip and he liked it. So, I ended up eating the cookies in cream. I think I got the third favorite. Isn't that the way it works with Moms? When I pointed it out to David, he said, "That's why I didn't offer anybody mine." He's on to something there.

Noah learned how to clap the other day at Sea World. And now, he has learned how to blow kisses.


He just started giving us real kisses and they are so sweet and slobbery.

On the way home, we walked along the beach to collect seashells.

We found a ladybug. So weird on a beach.

The kids quickly handed me their buckets with shells and went off to the water. It was a little cooler today, but they don't seem to mind.




And this last picture is for my mother in law. Grampie and Noah.

Tomorrow is Legoland!

2 comments:

Linda said...

How fun! The simple days before dealing with teenage angst (and those days will come!!) ;) It seems like for me, every day now is a remembrance of being nearly-15.

Enjoy the last days of your trip.

Anonymous said...

Well even on a hanging around home day it looks like you guys had fun.☼
Thanks for the picture of Grampie with Noah.At least I know he is still alive and kicking, Grampie that is. I had a mini chat with Emily last night she sounds like she is lovin everything she's done. I think she is at just the right age to appreciate and remember all that she sees and does.
Tell Noah he needs to lose that cheesy grin and go back to his sweet smile. ☺
Truly in case you don't already know it,I want to say thanks for keeping me updated each day. Your pictures spare David a 1000 words or more when he has to report his weeks journey. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Enjoy your last 2 days. ☼
Love,
G