Today is my birthday. I'm 37. I don't usually make a big deal about my birthday. I like a few phone calls or notes from those I love and to feel special a little and I'm all good.
But today, today was a birthday I will remember.
Before I get to that, I have to show this picture of Noah from last night. I can already picture him in 25 years in a Bachelor pad with a black leather sofa.

Now on to today. We went to Sea World. I've been to Sea World about 10 times in my life. I've never taken kids with me. Let alone MY kids. I have kids. How did that happen?

We headed straight for the dolphins.

I think we pet every animal possible. David is petting the sting rays. The kids were afraid of the sting areas.

Off to the sea lion and otter show. A memory that stands out in these bleachers was when I was maybe 6 or 7. I was sitting on this back row of bleachers right behind where we were and a huge bird pooped right on my head. I had piggy tails in and it wouldn't wipe out easily. Instead it spread like mayonaisse and I cried. Today was much less tramatic.

Noah crashed out for a few hours. He's really such a good baby and didn't cry the entire day.

While Noah was sleeping we visited the Sesame Street area. In all my visits, I had never been to this area. Well, I'm sure I went as a kid, but I didn't remember it. As an adult with no kids, I had never noticed this area. Emily and Ben thought the rides were fun. I thought I was going to hurl after the Abby Cadabby Teacup Spin.

My sister in law Alisa and her daughter Rachel, the sushi eater.


Ben LOVED the starfish.

So did Emily.

On the way to the shark encounter, Emily and Ben were holding hands. So cute. I think they were both a little scared, so there was safety together. I love that their feet are right in step too.

The polar bears were really cool too.

They both loved the walrus too. This bird was hysterical. Talk about a free ride!

My little cubs in the den.

The kids wanted to ride the scary rollercoaster ride. So, we went (Daniel, my brother in law, Emily, Ben and me). It was a water ride and we were pushing it on doing that and getting to the Shamu show on time. But as was the case with most of the shows, the kids attention span lasted about 5 minutes. As it turns out, we got to the shamu show for the last few minutes and the kids thought it was great. Notice Emily's hair is soaked.

Emily was the one who wanted to go on the rollercoaster. Ben went along for the ride. After the big drop, all was well. Then, the entire car that you are sitting in literally goes up like an elevator. The doors open and you see the city and plunge out on another big fall. Emily started crying and didn't top until it was over.
We went to Filippi's for dinner. What a perfect ending to a perfect day. This was my plate after I dished out 2/3's to Emily and Ben. That meatball could feed a small country.

Noah was working on his pasta too. Such a sweet little Italian boy. My Nana would be proud.

I asked Emily what her favorite part of the day was. She said, "everything...the walrus."
Ben told me today that "This is the most amazing vacation ever!" When I asked him today his favorite thing, he said the roller coaster. Later he told me, it was that it was my birthday because I'm a great mom.
And that was my favorite part of the day.
5 comments:
happy birthday, gina!
{and i'm pretty sure the sesame street part was non-existent when we were kids} did you see the skate-boarding show?
I'm so happy you and the fam had a great day at Sea World! Sounds like a fun way to celebrate your day! Love you!
I am so glad you had a great birthday as well as a wonderful holiday experience at Sea World. I too love the pic of Emily and Ben hand in hand. They are such a great age to do that kind of trip and at the same time , it must be a relief that Noah is doing so well.
Sorry I couldn't get to spend your 37th with you but glad it was such a success.☼
Love,
G
Such a wonderful, wonderful Birthday!!! :) I'm always in awe over children who say those sweetest things about their Moms, because I rarely, if ever, heard such things from my daughter ~ not then, not now, probably not ever, even though my whole life has revolved around her for 15 years.
Loved reading about your adventures, your memories, and seeing the wonderful photos.
That is so sweet! Happy Birthday Gina!!!
Post a Comment