We played a team that was almost all boys who could've easily starred in the pee wee version of Bend It Like Beckham. They were scoring on us left and right. It would've been easy to get discouraged, but the kids hung in there.
Ben needed a little more coaxing, but he stayed in the game when asked for the most part. He tried and that's all we expected.
Our girl scored 2 goals. Yes one was in the other teams net, but it still counts (well maybe for the other team but who cares, we don't keep score). Here she is scoring a goal in our net.
She didn't even flinch or cry when one of the Beckham boys gave her a karate chop to her jugular. These boys were vicious. It's 3 and 4 year old co-ed pee wee soccer for the love of God. Emily held her own though and I am so proud of her.
3 comments:
Yeah! That's the way to go Emily! No Baileys in the coffee either.:) Ben will do fine as soon as he gets to feel the thrill of victory!He is only 3.David was still clinging to my legs at 3. Keep up with the encouragement,even if it is "threats"! Just joking,
Love,
G.
Glad it went so well! :)
That a girl, Emily, show those boys how it is done!
By the way, Gina, I am a loyal follower of your blog. I know that you told Linda that you wondered if anyone besides your mother in law read it. Okay, it doesn’t matter that I work with your mother in law; I still read it every day and enjoy the updates on the Galeana Family! Congrats on Little Noah, I am so glad to hear that he is doing so well!
Post a Comment