We decided we would send Ben to preschool for one year when he turns 4. But, he's three now and I feel that he needs a little direction. Luckily for me, a few of the Moms that I know also have 3 year old boys and we are all in the same financial dilemma of trying to save money. So, we formed our own preschool. One of the other Moms (who used to be a second grade teacher) has really done all the work. I was unable to help get it started when everything happened with Noah. But, we modeled the "class" after Emily's preschool last year. We do a circle time with books and some crafts and play time. The boys, who are all 3 months apart, do really well. Ben seems to be distracted the easiest, but I was able to refocus him for the most part.
Each week is based on a theme. We've done camping and this week was the beach. We made homemade ice cream.
Boy, was it good!
We also made jellyfish out of paper plates and streamers and colored ice cream cones. Then, we made a beach in a bottle complete with sand, shells, glitter and water.
Everyone had a great time and I felt like I was doing something educational with Ben. Of course, I brought Noah. The funny thing is the two other Moms also have babies that are about 6 months old, so they'll all be in school together too. We'll have to keep all of the lesson plans for the next group of little ones!
2 comments:
I think this is a fantastic idea!!! I never did pre-school for Sarah since I was a stay-at-home Mom with her and she was far advanced on everyone else in all-day Kindergarten (no half day here). She spent time with other children in her pre-school years at church Sunday School and also my numerous play groups, so she was never lacking in anything. To me, your idea makes perfect sense!
(Cute photos as always) :-)
What a great idea!☼ The structure and the socialization aspect will be great for my little Bat/Super/Spiderman. It was so good to see him in his Ben costume for awhile. I missed hearing about this plan. Is it everyday or several days a week? I love the themes. That is well thought out I can see.Your ex-teacher friend is probably having a ball putting all her training and experience to good use.Do you take turns hosting or is it always at her house? I'll have to talk more about it in person when I get to visit. Great Idea.
Love,
G.
Post a Comment