Thursday, September 10, 2009

Right On Cue

I knew today was going to be busy. I was feeling overwhelmed and the day hadn't even started.

This is why:
12:15 AM Noah wakes up crying? Put in pacifier...try to go back to sleep
1:00 AM Wake up, feed Noah, change diaper, pump milk, try to go back to sleep
2:30-5:00 Noah is cranky. He's never cranky. Check him, put in pacifier, try to go back to sleep (David has slept on the sofa for 4 nights because I have this horrible cough. Lucky for him, he escaped the 3 hour fuss fit)
5:00 AM David wakes up, takes Noah (thank God) feeds him, changes diaper and gets ready for the day
5:00-7:00 Get two hours of sleep, combined with my 2 hours from earlier, I'll barely get 4 hours.
7:00-8:15 Ben and Emily get up. Get Em dressed, fed, hair fixed and lunch packed
8:00 Pump milk (this takes about 30 minutes, so that's how I spend 3-4 hours everyday)
8:15 Drop Emily off at school (David did this)
8:30-9:00 Get Ben dressed and feed him a bowl of dry cereal (hey, don't judge)
9:00 Feed Noah, get him dressed for the day, change diaper
9:30-10:15 Take shower, get ready and pack up the kids
10:15 Drive to the YMCA
10:45 Ben's gymnastics class starts
11:30 Drive home
Noon (it's only noon?) Get Ben lunch, eat my lunch while pumping milk and playing scrabble on facebook
12:45 Feed Noah
1:00 David home (Thank God)
1:15 David takes Noah to Dr. appt for weight check
1:15 Unload dishwasher and reload it

It's now 1:40 and I'm blogging...the rest of the day will go like this...
2:50 Leave to get Emily at school (hopefully, David will be home to do this or I won't be able to make the 3:00 milking of the cow)
3:00 Pump milk
3:30 Leave for my Dr. appt for my 4 week follow up appt.
4:30 Get kids ready for soccer practice
5:00 Soccer practice...don't forget Noah's bottle as he eats at 5:00. Don't forget Noah either for that matter.
5:45 Home from soccer practice. Make dinner...Mmmm, philly cheese steaks. The kids get hot dogs (don't judge).
6:00 Eat and do dishes
6:30 Pump milk
6:30 David gets Em to do homework, hopefully without making her cry
7:00 Get the kids in the bath
8:00 Storytime, brush teeth, prayers and night night to Ben and Emily
8:01 Emily comes out of her room
8:02 Emily comes out again
8:05 She tries us one more time to see if we are serious about that spanking. We are (don't judge).
8:30 Noah bath.
9:00 Feed Noah and pump milk (it would be great to do these two things simultaneously the way nature intended, but I have to add a little formula to my breast milk for extra calories so it is what it is for now)
9:30 Collapse.

Seriously, no wonder we are so tired.

Ok, but that wasn't my point at all. I was just trying to explain that it was a busy day today. My point was this.... Noah would've been 37 weeks today if he'd stayed inside me. That's considered term or a "normal" baby if he'd come out at that time. For us, our "normal" term babies come out kicking and screaming and don't stop for about 6-12 months. Apparently, Noah got this memo because this is what he did most the night.


Then in the morning, it continued.


It looks like he hates being swaddled, but he's even worse without it.
Let's hope it's just gas.

Sidenote: David just called after Noah's doctors appt. He's up to 5 lbs 13 ounces. That's an 11 ounce weight gain in a week! Yea!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! No Judging. How blessed we are to be able to hear that little 5lb 13oz baby give a loud squall or two. I know you don't feel that way after a sleepless( or almost) night.But it makes me feel so happy(at a distance of over 2000 miles) to see him looking and acting so much like your other two healthy babies.God picked the right parents to give little Noah a home with, He knew you would be able to manage it all and still have a sense of humor. We love you Gina. Hope tonight is a better Noah night.☼
Love,
G.

Amy said...

Praying for you Gina!

brownymama said...

Sorry! I did a similar post yesterday with a time frame, but now I feel like a wuss. (; I LOVE his cry. You might not be enjoying it, but I did.

Linda said...

I'm still amazed that you can find time to blog in the midst of all of this!!!!

You all are amazing - there's no way I could handle days like this anymore. Blessings,

Linda

Holly and Bo said...

I was on this schedule once and was beyond exhausted...except I did not have 2 other children to care for so I have no idea how you're keeping your eyes open. With that kind of weight gain you'll be feeding and "pumping" simultaneously in no time. Noah looks great!