Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Raindrops On Roses

and whiskers on kittens...those are nice, but not my favorite things. My new favorite thing is this Graco Sweetpeace swing. It was a gift from my sister in law and I don't know how I lived without it for my first two kids. Oh, I do remember how I did it now...I hid in the closet and called my husband to come home from work early. Seriously, I did this.



Looks like a comfy swing right? It is. But wait, there's more...

I started exercising yesterday. Definitely not one of my favorite things but necessary. Today, I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. At least 10 of those minutes were spent hopping off and taking care of the kids...Ben needed another episode of Lazy Town, Noah lost his pacifier, Ben wanted peanut butter pretzels (yes, at 8:45 in the morning...don't judge), etc. Thank God Emily is at school or I'd never get anything done. I finished my 30 minutes and fed Noah. Then, I decided I would venture outside with the boys. Isn't that fun to say, "the boys". I have 2 now. Crazy. Anyway, Ben rode his bike wearing his superman cape of course, and I had Noah in the stroller.


This method was slightly more successful than the treadmill, but I also couldn't combine the walk with hand weights like I do on the treadmill. They both have their pros and cons I suppose. And it really doesn't matter as long as I'm moving.

Back to my favorite thing. I had just fed Noah, so I put him unbuckled in his car seat. Graco makes a great stroller/car seat combo, so the car seat fits right onto the stroller. This way he could sit up more and digest his food without spitting up. We get home from our walk which he slept the whole way and he's out cold. In the olden days (meaning 5 years ago when I had Emily) we had two options. Put the sleeping baby in the car seat on top of the dryer and turn it on (seriously, she'd cry as soon as we stopped moving, so I did this many times...don't judge). The other option is to actually move the baby. This option is rather risky and comes with a huge set of consequences that could ruin my entire day should the baby wake up (which they almost always do).

Apparently, Graco must have been a Big Brother in my house because they invented this swing.


Look at it. It's a thing of beauty. The comfy seat comes off and you can put the car seat right on it and turn it on. If I could find the person who made this, I'd kiss them. Seriously. I don't think my husband would even mind because lately when he comes home, I'm smiling instead of crying.

3 comments:

Holly and Bo said...

Now isn't that handy! I never even looked into one of those. Maybe for the next one. You can find that green frog currently hanging from our car seat as well. The ducky is attached to a different seat. :) Noah looks so peaceful! Good luck on the exercising. I need to get serious about it myself. We bought Wii fit on Saturday...I just managed to pull it out of the box last night but that's as far as I got. haha!

Linda said...

Looks like a wonderful contraption! No more "next ones" in this household, but maybe there will be something equally wonderful by the time Grandchildren come along. :)

Sarah said...

I'm going to have to look into that swing!