Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ben Quotes

Ben is my sweet, quirky, imaginative child. He says things that make me laugh all the time. I'm sharing these because I'm his Mom and that's what us Moms do. This blog is also my journal to my kids, so sometimes you will have to deal with silly sappy posts like this one.

The other day he came up to me very frustrated holding his superman cape and said, "My cape won't sit still." Obviously, meaning that it kept falling off. He has a way with words.

He will often say to me, "Mom, mom, mom, I have something important to say." When I ask what, he will say "um, um, um". Well, the other day he added a phrase and said, "I may be quiet, but I have something important to say." The poor kid has already learned between his sister and myself, he can't get a word in edge wise.

We were watching Olivia a few days ago. We like this cartoon. It's based off of the books which are some of our favorites(thanks aunt Pam for buying them for us). Olivia is a pig who is many things. In the episode we watched, she was an artist. She finished her painting and said, "I think I'm done with my blue period."
Obviously, an adult joke as a 3 year old doesn't know about a painters blue period.

Today, Emily insisted on painting when she got home from school. So, I got the kids set up at the island and off they went. Ben finished his and I asked him if he wanted another piece of paper. To which he replied: "No, I think I'm done with my yellow period."

4 comments:

pam said...

That's so cute. He is a sweet boy - just so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Is that all true Olive?
Pretty all true
Are you sure?
To the best of my recollection

~Adam

Linda said...

It's wonderful that you journal these quotes here, because believe it or not, though it seems like these days will sometimes last forever, they do not. How precious it is to have a lasting written document of these times. Though us Moms do tend to remember... I can still remember so many of the funny, sweet things Sarah said to me during those years.

Anonymous said...

Oh Ben , what a sweet heart he has. This morning David asked Emily if she wanted to speak to me , of course we all know her answer was NO! But Ben replied, " I do, let me talk," even though he was deeply involved in his Sat. morning cartoon program he still had time to talk to his Grammie. I love that little man.I hope he grows up to be the same fine man his Dad is..
love,
g