Thursday, August 20, 2009

Update

Noah's weight had dropped yesterday to 3 lbs 15.6 ounces. Geez, can't they just round up? :o) That was to be expected now that he has to keep his own body warm. Other than that, there wasn't much new. He sleeps all the time and wakes up only when the nurses or myself bother him every 3 hours for diaper changes and vitals. The NICU gets them on a schedule quickly. I think there should be a newborn bootcamp for like a week where they whip them all into shape. Well, not whip, but you know what I mean.

I attempted to breastfeed. There is no way he can latch on right now, but he seemed very eager to try to get my boob in his mouth. See, he's already taking after his father (sorry Gwynne, my MIL). :o) He showed way more interest than he does to his pacifier. Hopefully, if I keep doing it he will want to bottle feed quicker. My boob is huge in comparison to his little head. I'm like a basketball and he's a tennis ball. It's rather funny actually.

David will be in town today for work, so he is going to come by and see us for a bit. I'm excited to spend some time with just the three of us. It was a bit chaotic with Ben and Emily in the room last time. They were both excited to see Noah. Emily way more so. I thought she'd be a little scared because he is so small, but to her, he is the size of her dolls. Actually, I think she has a few that are bigger. Ben was bored with him in about 2.5 minutes and spent his time being Batman and flying off the sofa.

I'm off to the hospital now. Stay tuned for the next update.

3 comments:

Linda said...

You are amazing me with these updates!! How do you find time?!
They're sweet, FUNNY, and very encouraging. Thanks for sharing
:)

Amy said...

Gina,
I' praying for you! make sure you squeeze in some rest time just for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh My.:) So your MIL says I guess her little baby boy never got his fill as a little guy. I didn't even attempt to try. In those days it was not encouraged and in fact they gave me meds to dry up the milk.
But, all that being said I know the expert opinions swing the other way these days and really I believe that is why God gave us those hanging appendages to nourish and give life to our offspring. So go for it Gina! I know Noah will only blossom in the upcoming days with his good feeds and love from his Mommy. Hope your weekend is not too exhausting for you.
Love,
G.