Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Home

We're home! It's been a heck of a day. We almost didn't think we were going to come home because Noah didn't have a great night with his feeds. Luckily he ate like a champ at his 9:00 feed and when the Dr. rounded at 11:00, he said we could go. I was (and am) so happy. It still hasn't really sunk in it.

What has sunk in is the exhaustion and stress of the past 20 days. I feel like I could sleep for a few days. I get 3 hours though, and I'll take it just to be home with my family.

Here are some pictures from the past few days.

Here's Noah the day he got his feeding tube out.


Daddy and Noah all ready to go home. His outfit is so stinkin' small. It's seriously smaller than Emily's doll clothing.


I think she will be a big help and a wonderful big sister.


His first bath at home. He didn't cry at all.


He did great the whole way home. I was worried if he was breathing or about the altitude, but nothing really seemed to bother him.

So far so good...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!
--katfe :)

Anonymous said...

OMG I am so happy for all of you. He is a doll, a real live (altitude and all) breathing doll. Emily looks like she is in heaven with her little brother. Thank God for all the ways our prayers have been answered. Yes, It was a bit of a dream.. more on the nightmarish side of dreams, but now we're wide awake and all is well with the world.
All our love,
G&G

pam said...

Whoopee!!! So happy for the Galeana Fam!

Linda said...

I'm so happy to read this. You continue to amaze me with your updates. Blessings to you and your sweet family ~ so glad you're all home together. ♥

Holly and Bo said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for your family to be all together. Noah is home where he should be. Before you know it those little doll clothes will be tight. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! I have been reading your posts for a while and it's great to see your son doing so well. I'm so happy for your whole family.

If you'd like to connect with other parents of preemies, the March of Dimes has a great on-line community called Share Your Story. Here's a link: http://www.shareyourstory.org/

Sarah said...

Yay! Congrats! He's such a doll.

naturallywild said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry I have been out of touch for the last handful of days!!!!! I have missed you! Just continuing to run around with my head cut off. I think that is just life. ;) I am SOOOOOOOOO excited for you guys! This is amazing and Noah blows my mind with his strength and abilities! You too. ;) I am sending my love and hugs!!!
Have a very special family weekend and Happy Happy Birthday to miss Emily!!!! We will talk soon!

Lindsay said...

The above comment from Matthew is really from me. I didn't realized his account was logged in. :) Sorry to throw you with that!