Our garden is a mess this year. We planted about a dozen different veggies, but not much grew except the pumpkins which we did not plant. They are choking everything else out. I should've listened to my husband and killed them when they were small, but I just hate doing that unless it's a spider or insect of some sort. I've learned my lesson. Did you hear that sweetie? I'm saying, "I was wrong. You were right." Those are words he doesn't hear often. :o)
We are no longer composting pumpkin as it just doesn't break down well enough. Next year, I will plant 2 pumpkin seeds or I will head to the pumpkin patch. For now, we are the pumpkin patch. This is just the start.
We are still getting some zucchini and tomatoes. Of course, neither are in places where I actually planted the seeds. Oh well, in this Italian pasta eating house, we can always use tomatoes for sauce, but the kids seem to gobble them up before they even make it inside.
I'm sad for all the seeds I planted that never got to fulfill their seed destiny due to bossy pumpkins. There is always next year...
2 comments:
Well , I guess you could always set up your own roadside stand and sell Pumpkins!( all shapes and sizes)
Who would have ever guessed that all those pumpkins patches you've visited over the past few years could have started from a compost pile!Oh wait maybe you are the only ones that has ever happened to... Who could have known?:)
Love,
G
Wow, this is really something! :)
I don't grow pumpkins anymore, because they typically don't do well in my garden area. Instead, I have too many sweet peppers, which Jim and I both shared with our offices today. Also, lots of tomatoes, green beans and lettuce.
When I grew pumpkins in the past, and they were ripe early, I stored them in a cool, dry place until October and that worked. Though never had any this early - beginning of August, lol.
Good luck with that! :)
Post a Comment