Sunday, August 30, 2009

Five

Our princess is five today. I can hardly believe it. She is beautiful...those lips, those eyes. She makes me laugh every day. She has a flair for drama. She is smart and incredibly observant. She will notice if one little thing is out of place. She is adventurous and will try anything. She loves going to the library and swings. She enjoys getting her back rubbed and will do anything to not go to bed. She is a total night owl and hates to sleep alone. Her Dad is her favorite person in the world.

The day I went to the hospital. I had made out her birthday party invitations. I planned a perfect party complete with 40 guests. We certainly weren't up for that now. I thought about postponing the entire event for a month, but at her age, she knows it's her birthday and she wants a party. So, we invited over my cousin and her kids and her best friend and kept it small. We even ordered pizza. We usually always make something. We enjoy cooking, but pizza is certainly the way to go. Our friends let us borrow their water slide, so the kids had a blast with that. The bottom line is our girl had fun and felt special and that's all that truly matters.






Happy fifth birthday to our sweet girl. You'll always be our princess.

5 comments:

pam said...

I'm glad Emily had a great party. Give her my love and lots of kisses for her special day. I'll be up soon with presents!

Anonymous said...

Oh my little Emily is gorgeous, just like her Grampie says! I hope she had a wonderful birthday and when she is in 1st grade she doesn't invite her whole class like her Grammie did.(much to her mothers surprise, I might add)
She really looks like she was "reigning queen" of the day.
Love,
G.

Linda said...

How sweet and adorable! So glad she had a great day! ♥

I teach . . . said...

Oh my! I have been out of the loop for awhile now! Congrats on Noah's arrival. You have had quite the ride! Sending you prayers and happy thoughts of sleep and good health. What a blessing to be home . . .

Amanda

brownymama said...

Happy Birthday sweetie!