Plan B.
I'll go to the Doctor with Ben and Dakri will meet me there after dropping off the girls. This way, I'll be right in the other room and Dakri won't have to deal with him for long. I don't care if Ben screams. I just don't want my friend to have to deal with it.
Luckily, the Doctor's office was empty. Ben and I are in the waiting room and Dakri arrives. They call me back. I can hear him screaming from inside the room with the door shut. The lady says they can come back. So, Dakri came in for my appointment and held Ben on her lap. She saved the day.
Now, on to the ultrasound...
We were able to see the heartbeat and the technician held the wand still and let us watch the baby move around. It was rather sweet. She took all the necessary measurements. My calculations put me at 8 weeks exactly. She estimated that I was 8 weeks and 5 days. She said I probably ovulated early. Sounds good to me. My due date got moved up to October 3rd. I was thrilled as my birthday is the 11th and I really didn't want to be delivering or at the hospital on my birthday. Emily was born on her due date and Ben 2 days late. I don't deliver early, so October 3rd sounds good to me.
Here are a few photos of the little mushroom which is what I thought it looked like. It must be a girl and she already has my big hips!
The wavy lines on the bottom (in the middle part) is the heartbeat.


The circle on the right is the yolk sac which is there until the placenta develops.

I will have another ultrasound at 18-20 weeks. It will probably be a more advanced ultrasound due to my ahem, AMA, or Advanced Maternal Age. As if at 35, I have one foot in the grave!
I am still feeling great. I've had a few minor symptoms, otherwise I really wouldn't even know I was pregnant yet which is very different from my first two pregnancies. It was nice to see the baby moving around on the monitor and see the heartbeating just to verify that indeed I am pregnant and all is well.
So far, so good.
9 comments:
Ahhh. A deep breath! I have tears in my eyes, goosebumps on my arms and calves, and a smile all across my heart!!!! I am so glad! Thanks for sharing! That little peanut is already so precious!!!!
So glad all worked out with Ben. Dakri is a lifesaver for sure! :)
So glad you got to see th heartbeat! Baby #3 will have a birthday with Cameron! But watch out for those October bdays. They're trouble!
Great story and so exciting!! Glad everything is working out well.
I never had an ultrasound with Sarah, never knew what I was having until she arrived, and only heard the heartbeat. I guess my HMO didn't cover ultrasounds because the doctor said "If you want one, it's $200" and I didn't want it that bad, so never had one.
October 3rd is my niece Kathryn's Birthday. :-) She is a little handful, lol, but that of course doesn't mean anything.
All of our best wishes for a healthy, happy pregnancy. :)
Yeah! So happy all is well. Love you!
I am so glad all is well..take care..I can't wait to see the next ultrasound..boy or girl? It makes me want another...lol
Diana
Glad to hear all is well and you got to see your little one moving around. We didn't get to see Brayden moving until the 19wk ultrasound. I don't think he's very active though. The advanced ultrasounds are fun! You get some really clear pictures.
Hi All, Not sure if you will see this or not but I am attempting to use the new HP. I think I MIGHT GET THE HANG OF THIS new comp. any minute now. After I learn not to hit the Cap lock every second letter. I did get to see the pics you sent me , but it sound like our little Ben might be a bit of a monkey...
Rachel is a doll baby, so calm and good natured. Wait you'll see her soon.:)
Thanks for addition explanation on the pics. That helped me.. I always need some help interpreting with those US pics.
Love,
Grammie Gwynne
Well that is such fun, I could never have figured out all that stuff without your instructions..By the way October 3rd was David's grandfather's birthday , so hopefully this child will have a bit of him in it...Best of luck..Auntie Barb
I LOVED being in there for your ultrasound!
Post a Comment