I haven't felt like writing much lately.
I've been recovering from this dreaded cold, and the baby in my belly makes me tired.
But, those are just excuses.
I started babysitting this week. It's just on Thursdays. It went really well. The kids were great and my kids didn't hit, push, or steal toys from them. A successful day in my book.
I also had to work on my brother and his girlfriends taxes. I've been doing them for as long as I can remember. So, since my brother gives me a little extra cash for taking care of this, I figured I should get it done and not spend my precious computer time blogging. In any case, I deposited some cash into our checking account that I EARNED. Wow, that feels good.
Ben had his 3 year old well visit on Wednesday. He is doing great and impressed the doctor when he told him, "I'm going to be gargantuan!" The doctor thought he was a riot. The only little problem is Ben's had whats called a hydrocele since birth. Very common in baby boys. It's like a little hernia next to their groin. It swells with fluid. This spontaneously disappears in most boys by 18 months. It hasn't in Ben. This means a visit to a urologist in Phoenix to have it looked at. And if needed, a surgery to drain and stitch it up. Not really a big deal and according to web pages, he'll be back running around the house by that night or the next morning. I'm not really too concerned, even if he needs the surgery. It's outpatient and they put him out, so he won't even know what happened. If you are interested in learning more about little boys scrotum's than you ever probably wanted to know, you can go here .
I also had my first prenatal appointment yesterday. It went well. At 7 weeks, she knew she wouldn't hear the heartbeat, so she didn't bother with that. I did get an ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday. She said she just likes to confirm dates early on. I'm sure she's had many women claim they are 8 weeks and they are 12 or vice versa. In any case, I love an early ultrasound. Seeing the little peanuts heart beat is always so much fun.
I've also been drowing in laundry. My daughter wears 15 pairs of socks a day and changes outfits no less than 3 times. Ben wet his bed two nights in a row. I've done 5 loads of laundry this week.
We also found out that David will NOT lose his job. Thank God! We'll have to deal with the paycut and furlough days for now, but at least we still have some income coming in. Should we celebrate? Nah, we can't afford it!
We did get our federal tax refund today. If you want to start your day off right, look at your checking account the day your federal return is posted. Made me smile. Although we can't spend it on fun things like a Wii, it's nice to have the cushion that we need right now. Maybe just maybe, we will celebrate with a very modest dinner out. I even have coupons.
That's been my week in a nutshell. After writing all this I realize that I didn't blog because I was busy not tired or lazy.
That's good news. It's been a good week.
4 comments:
You have been busy! :) Glad you've had a good week.
I was wondering if you were having more computer issues, but glad to see you were "just" busy and also that you've been to the dr. for yourself as well as Ben. I'm also glad to read that David's position is Safe.(at least for now)It is amazing how dependent I've become to reading your news on a regular basis. :) Have a good weekend.
Love,
G.
I have missed you! I can't even tell you how many times I have checked and rechecked your blog! I am addicted! :) So glad to see all is going well! I am looking forward to talking to you in person and hearing more details about Ben, baby, you and all!
So glad to hear David has his job security!!!!!!!!!!!
I will talk to you soon! I miss you!
I am happy to be back reading your weekly highlights, I hope you don't mind that I don't always comment but I do enjoy the reading and knowing what all is happening, very happy about the new baby and to hear that David's job is ok, sometimes we worry about things too much and can't enjoy the ride as much..I know you guys will be just fine..Love to David and the Kids...Auntie Barb
Post a Comment