Two nights ago, Ben wasn't feeling great. We knew he would wake up in the middle of the night needing more medicine. We decided that Ben would sleep with me so that I could take care of him and David would sleep in Ben's bed. Stuff like this happens all the time. No wonder it took a year to get pregnant.
Ben was up a lot throughout the night. Then, Emily came in the room looking for her Dad of course. I told her not to wake him and climb in bed with Ben and I. She tossed and turned and coughed. Nobody was getting much sleep at that point. The kids were awake at 5:30.
It was going to be a long day.
1:00 came and I decided we all needed to get a few hours of shut eye. We piled in my bed and turned on Toy Story. Emily was out in about 3 minutes. I was dozing for an hour until Ben finally fell asleep. Then, everyone crashed out for a good hour. It was lovely. There's just something so sweet about the warmth and silence of an afternoon nap with your babies.
I woke up and looked over. They were spooned together and looked adorable. I snuck out and grabbed the camera. They had moved.
I snapped Emily sucking her finger. It used to be her thumb until a month ago when it got a sore on it from being so chapped. I was hoping she'd break the habit. Nope, just moved on to her finger.
Ben was starting to wake up because the camera made a clicking noise. I love his disheveled hair.
There's a price to pay for indulging in an afternoon nap. The kids weren't tired until after 10:00. We all piled in our bed and watched The Bachelor! Meanwhile, David and I were trying to figure out how we are going to fit another baby in our California King bed.
We'll make room. There's always room for a new baby.
2 comments:
Sweet photos!
Mine was never a napper, not even when she was little. She gave up all naps at age 2. But she went to bed at 8:00 and slept until 8:00 at that age, so that was nice. Gave me a break in the evening.
I personally would love a nap, right about now. :)
Ben's hair looks kinda red to me. I swear his hair color changes every time I see him!
Post a Comment