The kids are finally getting over their colds and sleeping through the night. Just in time for me to catch the cold and be awake at night.
But, I don't mind. Not this morning.
I woke up to find a beautiful blanket of snow on everything.
We got lots of snow yesterday. The kids and I played outside for a few hours. We all came in to warm up and I made chili for dinner. David got home from work. We ate and all went back outside for some more winter fun. When you don't get snow often, you really appreciate it when it comes.
A cup of hot chocolate was a must when we came back in.
This is our front yard at dusk yesterday.
This is our front yard this morning. Now, I know it's dark. I told you it was early. But if you click and enlarge it, you'll get an idea. See the little cat paw prints on the right side of the driveway? That's another reason why I'm awake. Max was meowing to go out. Little did he know...
For us, this is a lot of snow. Last winter we had 7 or 8 nice snowfalls. Enough to have a snow ball fight, but it disappears in a few hours or day. That's the perfect amount for me. This is the first real snowfall this winter and this is the most snow we've ever gotten at one time.
We have a great park about a mile away that has a big hill that leads into a soccer field. We're going sledding in a few hours!
3 comments:
Yes, you certainly were up early. The snow looks great. Let's hope the only slipping and sliding is in the park. Hope you all have fun. You be careful, especially if you have a cold as well.
Love Ya'
Gwynne
Hooray!!! It's very pretty. Have fun!
Meanwhile, here in Central Illinois - we're enjoying sunshine and 70 degrees today.
No worries though, this is Illinois - it will be snowing by the weekend.
~Linda
I am SOOOO excited for you and of course a little bit jealous too! :) How beautiful!!! I love fresh snow! How it blankets everything and is so peaceful! In a wierd way it is so yum-o! I am so glad that you are enjoying it and have already played in it 2x with a sledding adventure to come!!! Pics please of the sledding adventure!!! I hope you feel better and the cold is a quick one for you!!!
smiling for you guys!
love,
Linds
Post a Comment