Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Vacation, Day 7, The Theater and Park

Today the weather was back to being glorious which is a good thing on vacation. But before I get to that, Noah was snuggling up to his Grammie last night. No coaxing or bribing. He just wanted to love on his Grammie.
Photobucket
Today Gwynne bought tickets for her and Emily to see Anne of Green Gables the musical in Charlottetown. Ben kind of wanted to go too, but I knew he'd be asking when it was over after about an hour. So, it was just something special for Grammie and Emily to do together.

Emily's been waiting to buy an Anne of Green Gables doll since we got here. I knew she was going to be consumed with it during the show, so I suggested we go to The Anne Store before it started and get her doll. She had such a hard time picking it out.
Photobucket
On our way back, the kids posed with this statue of the first Prime Minister of Canada, John A. MacDonald.
Photobucket
Here are Emily and Grammie on the way to the play.
Photobucket
This was Emily's first real Broadway like production, so I knew she'd have a great time. Ben was a little bummed that he wasn't going, so we did the next best thing. We dressed him up as Anne of Green Gables.
Photobucket
And Noah too.
Photobucket
Basically, we killed 3 hours while they were at the play doing some fun things. Like the Cow's ice cream tour. While we were waiting for that, Ben was getting a little frisky with the cow.
Photobucket
Here's Noah not looking at the camera...again.
Photobucket
And here's Noah totally freaked out by the cow.
Photobucket
Me and my boy.
Photobucket
Noah being cute.
Photobucket
They made you where these silly hats during the tour. Even the boy behind me thought they were silly.
Photobucket
Unfortunately, they were done making ice cream for the day, but we got to watch a video about it.
Photobucket
Did you notice Ben's shirt? Cow's makes funny shirts with little slogans. Ben's says, "Diary of a Wimpy Cow". We got Emily one that said, "Anne of Green Stables" and Noah got "Buzz Lightsteer". It's really kind of funny. We saw them making their newest shirt "50 shades of hay". HA!
Photobucket
Charlottetown is way more populated than any other part of Prince Edward Island. The University of Prince Edward Island is located there and it's pretty crowded. But, most of the side streets are gorgeous and look like this.
Photobucket
We took the boys to a great park.
Photobucket
They teeter tottered.
Photobucket
Ben ran around the splash pad and then went in that pool behind him. It's free. Public pools are free here. How cool is that?
Photobucket
Noah didn't want to swim, so he played.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then, Ben came back to play with Noah and talk to him through the speaker thingy.Photobucket
Noah was trying to listen.
Photobucket
Then, Ben went to the bottom to listen or talk. I can't quite tell what he is doing with his head in that thing.
Photobucket
They went down the slides.
Photobucket
Playtime was over as we needed to head back to get Emily and Gwynne. But, I finally found a lighthouse!
Photobucket
Noah was not interested in the lighthouse.
Photobucket
We stopped for a few tree photos.
Photobucket
Photobucket
This was the view across the park. This and the lighthouse. Beautiful.
Photobucket
We got home and everyone came over for a cookout. Gwynne made a wonderful video with pictures from their parents lives. It was really touching. We also celebrated Uncle Terry and Aunt Paula's 25th wedding anniversary today with a couple cakes! Thanks to my sister-in-law, Alisa, who went out to buy these earlier in the day.
Photobucket
Emily and her Anne doll were inseparable all day.
Photobucket
She even took her to the play and held her on her lap. Those pictures are in Gwynnes camera, so I'll put them up another time. The kids are all asleep and David and Gwynne are over at Uncle Terry's cottage with some others chatting away. It's been really so neat to jump from cottage to cottage and visit. This is really a special vacation; one that will leave us all with lasting memories.

Tomorrow is our last full day. I think we are spending it on the beach! Tomorrow night we (all 21 of us) are going out to dinner to a restaurant at our resort. Should be a wonderful finish to our vacation.

2 comments:

Pam said...

So happy to hear everyone is having such a great time. Hugs!!!!

Linda said...

The photos are wonderful! I love the doll that Emily chose. Do you know, I have absolutely no idea what Anne of Green Gables is about - I never read the book! :O

It's great that Emily and her Grandma had that nice time together.

I love the chairs set up by the Lighthouse.

It's been fun reading and seeing your trip this way. Thanks for posting.

Love, Linda