Today we planned a beach day, but we also wanted to relax and not be in a rush. This meant Ben slept until past 11:00. I don't want to sleep our vacation away, but I also don't want tired grumpy kids. So, we let him rest. Noah was up at 9, so he went with David to the store. They found this amazing bakery and David brought home hot from the oven rolls. Wow, are they good.
I took Emily to the pool by our cottage while Ben napped. She didn't want to go in without Ben though.
The pool is about 25 steps from our cottage and I thought Ben could see us and would come out the screen door. I was checking on him every 5 minutes or so and he apparently woke up right as I got done checking on him. By the time I got back, he was in tears. He thought we left him because the car was gone too. He couldn't see us at the pool. Poor guy. He sobbed, "I thought you left me in Prince Edward Island." What a tough place to be stranded.
So now Ben was up and David and Noah got back and we headed to the beach. We tried a different beach this time. I'd love to go to a new beach every day.
This beach was so different. Silky smooth sand unlike anything I've ever felt. Calm water, almost no crashing waves. I like crashing waves, but with smaller kids, this was great. With the exception of one thing:
Hundreds of jellyfish. Luckily, the were all dead and washed up randomly on shore. Apparently, this type doesn't really hurt us. They just leave a stinging sensation on your leg. Nice.
The kids got over it quickly and were out in the water having fun.
These two guys made me laugh. Like father, like son.
We even got David's Mom to join us on the beach!
The kids loved playing.
I loved taking in the view.
Ben wrote his name in the sand.
They had a race. I think Ben won.
On our way home, we saw that some of our family had arrived. The kids jumped out of the car to see their cousins and Emily and Rachel were buddy buddy quickly.
I love that they are so close as neither of them will have a sister.
This is David's sister, Alisa, and her son Greg.
Gwynne and her sister Auntie Barb.
We have this great swing set right in front of our cottage. David was pushing the kids on the tire swing.
Then, it was the little boys turn and they look happy now. That lasted about 3 seconds and they cried to get off.
We all went back to our cottages for dinner and we had the best potatoes. They grow well here due to the rich soil and let me just say that I think I may just have potatoes for every meal until we leave. So good and creamy.
Then, we all got back together and went to the beach. Emily rode with her cousins and they were all holding hands. So cute.
We had quite the group going to the beach. We brought along 2 of David's cousins kids, Amanda and Spencer. Their parents couldn't come due to work, so Auntie Barb (their grandma) picked up the kids and brought them.
Auntie Barb and Grammie stayed at the cottages to watch Bachelorette!
Here's Rachel.
And Spencer.
And Amanda....getting splashed by her brother.
The last time I saw Amanda was 7 years ago. She was an adorable 4 year old who followed me all over her house wanting chocolates. Now, she's a beautiful young lady.
David and Miss Rachel.
Emily and Greg (Greg is 4 months younger than Noah, but almost the size of Ben!)
Speaking of...here's my handsome boy.
Here's our posse hanging out in the water.
My men.
A nice one of Amanda.
And another one because I couldn't decide which one I liked better and I thought her Mom might want to see them both.
Miss Emily.
Then, we headed to Cows for some ice cream. It's the U.S. equivalent to Ben & Jerry's.
It was a perfect ending to yet another wonderful day.
We finally got the kids home and showered and in bed before 10:00. Amen!
2 comments:
Looks like you are having a great time! So, is David's family all from that area? How does one decide on a family reunion on PEI?
It's great to read and see your trip from afar. Wish it could have been someplace closer where your Uncle Jim and I could have popped in for one day.
Glad you're all having a good time. :)
Love, Linda
Post a Comment