I had a load of laundry in the washing machine and another in the dryer because Noah had an accident in the middle of the night. He had been dry every morning for 2 months. The night I have him go without a diaper, he pees his pants. Figures.
In any case, we are quickly rushing out the door. I throw Noah's clean sheets on my bed and put the whites, which included his mattress pad, in the dryer. I hit start. Nothing. I hit start again. Nothing. I gave it my best Arthur Fonzarelli and hit it right on the sweet spot on top. Nothing. I don't get it. It worked every time he did it to the jukebox. This is not what I need right now.
I drop the kids off at tennis and return home. Hoping that I can figure something out. The light is on in the dryer, but nobody is home. At least, I knew it wasn't an electrical outlet or power issue. Now what?
I texted my husband who wasn't feeling great. He came home from work. After researching on the internet and looking into a few things. We figured it was probably the thermal fuse and the thermodisc. We borrowed an Ohm meter from a friend, and that confirmed we had a bad thermal fuse. David called around and after being quoted a price 90% higher than Amazon from the local Mom & Pop place, we ordered the parts from Amazon.
Luckily, I have a good friend who not only dried my whites but folded my underwear. Thanks Dakri! That's not a good friend, but a great friend!
The parts came Monday. If you know me, you know I can't look at parts and a broken dryer and wait for my husband to come home. I watched a few videos on youtube and went to work.
Did you know if you lift the lid to your dryer, it looks like this?
I never knew that. I don't know what I thought it would look like. I imagine I never gave it a seconds thought. It just works and that's it.
Anyway, I replaced the parts and got the blower box all cleaned out. We had a nice collection of lint and sunflower seeds.
We are leaving for vacation and the last thing I wanted was to spend $500 on a dryer. After shocking myself once (you should always unplug it before you touch wires, duh) and crying and praying, it worked! It was literally the sweetest sound to hear that dryer hum. It's right up there with my babies crying when they entered this world. Well, maybe not quite that sweet.
Now, I can focus on more important things. We are going to Canada on Friday. Prince Edward Island here we come!
4 comments:
That's awesome! Great job!! :) I know I would have waited for Jim. I used to handle all sorts of things on my own, but pretty much not anymore.
Hope you have a safe and wonderful time in Canada!
It's so funny, I just received an email notification just now that Sarah's passport had been processed and mailed. It's July 18th and here's the email - It tells me that it was mailed May 14. Efficiency in motion. Not.
Love, Linda
Gina my name is Vickie and I am Holly Barefoots mom. I read your blog and love how you write and all the fun and funny things you and your family create. This one ws sooo funny you have great wit.
Awww...thanks Vickie! Glad you can enjoy my crazy sense of humor. :o)
very impressive - both the dryer and the passports! have fun!
Post a Comment