We started in Phoenix at 4:20 in the morning. The kids were in decent spirits considering we were so tired.
Unfortunately, our shuttle was almost 30 minutes late. But, we got to the airport in enough time and got on the plane.
The kids were getting all cozy with the Delta blankets they gave us.
Ben is obsessed with looking out the window. He doesn't want to watch a movie or listen to music. He just wants to look outside...with a superhero in his hand.
This was the first time we paid for a seat for Noah and it was nice to have the extra space. We played musical chairs a lot.
We landed in St. Paul and made our next flight in time. It was a one hour layover and we hoped to get some food, but the lines were long and we knew we wouldn't get food in time. So, we got on the plane and settled for more Pringles and Chex Mix that I brought.
Our second flight was heaven. Everyone slept. Well, not David or I, but the kids and that's all we could ever wish for.
I was worried about our next layover. It was 55 minutes and that goes really fast. I turned on my phone and I already had a message from Delta stating our next flight was delayed an hour. Perfect. I was thrilled that we'd have enough time to eat. We were all starving. It was the best burger and fries we've had in a long time.
Then, we found out our flight was going to be 2 1/2 hours delayed. I could've done without that at the end of the day. But, we were in New York City and they have iPads everywhere that you can use for free. So, we passed the time.
We finally got on the plane and sat for another hour before taking off. At some point, Noah started walking up and down the aisle chanting, "I hate this airplane!" We all agreed.
All in all, we got to Halifax 3 hours later than we were supposed to. The kids were troopers. They were really so very good. We only had to threaten Noah's life once! It was a fantastic day.
We are all very tired. It's 4 hours time difference from Arizona, so it's way too late for me to be up right now. We are off to get a good nights sleep. And in the morning, I'm going to Tim Hortons! It's the Dunkin Donuts of Canada!
1 comment:
I can't imagine a long day like this, let alone so many airplane exchanges - glad your kids handled it so well. Jim knows that I cannot ever do that on airplanes (only direct flights, it's bad enough for me to take off and land even once on one trip, and preferably not at all since I hate flying).
But.. I'm glad you made it safely. I wondered about the ipad New York comment because that must just be at the airport, right, since we didn't see any free ipads to use anywhere, lol. :)
I'll bet you all had a great sleep. I'm impressed at you writing on your blog after a long day like that!! <3
Love, Linda
Post a Comment