Did I say beautiful? Noah is screaming right now and fighting with Ben over a toy. Let me go break it up.
Okay, back to beauty.
These two boys are not just brothers, they are friends now. It's happened slowly over the past month. Ben likes to be in his room with his toys and the door shut. He's let Noah in gradually, playing superheros and teaching him how to be creative. Here they are in a boat paddling.
Ben has an imagination like no other. Even though, he'd prefer to play alone, he's letting Noah in his circle. Noah woke up today and said, "I go wake Ben up. I want to play." It was really sweet. The second I turned my back, he woke him up.
Noah. Noah is a piece of work. Now that he is in a big boy bed, he likes to come out of his room 3, 4, 5 times a night. He wakes us up. "Mommy, I scared." "Mommy, I have to pee." "Mommy, there's a ghost in my room." "Mommy, I sleep with you." "Mommy, I want tiny coffee." What? It's 3:30 in the morning. Go to sleep!!! Seriously, the kid makes up anything to come out. We've tried a nightlight, a spanking, nothing works. I think he just wants to wander. He's just like his sister. I know he'd be happiest sleeping with us, but I won't dare pull him in bed with me. I'd rather get up 3 times a night.
Noah is 100% potty trained...as long as he's naked. You put clothes or a pull up on him and he'll pee or poop in them. He's been naked for over a week now, which he prefers anyway. I figure we'll have to do this for awhile and then maybe he'll finally get it. Actually, that's how my other two got it. We leave for Canada in a week, let's hope he has it down by then or the other guests at the resort will get an eyefull!
So our everyday's of summertime are pretty wonderful. We spend Monday's and Friday's at the pool for a few hours with friends. We have lots of playdates. We have piano and tennis lessons. We go to the movies every Wednesday. Emily has been skyping with her good friend from Kindergarten who moved away three years ago. We have a couple of low key days where we play inside. It's really quite marvelous.
Emily wanted to take some video of her playing piano for her Grammie and Grampie. This first song she "wrote" all by herself. It's called Deep Blue Sea.
Then, she played Yankee Doodle and at the end she falls off the stool.
She loves taking my iPhone and making videos. David and I like to watch her videos at night in bed and laugh. It's so funny just to see her being herself and silly.
We were leaving the pool the other night with Pam. She came up to visit for a few days. The kids hopped on the fake pronghorn we have outside our clubhouse.
Yep, that picture about sums up our entire summer.
2 comments:
Isn't summer glorious! :D
I just love it too.
Love, Linda
Oh Grampie will be so happy and proud, Emily.
Thank you for the videos. Glad to hear that you are all having a happy vacation, after isn't vacation all about taking things a little bit easier, less stress and less scheduling? Have fun and can hardly wait to see you all next week and hopefully I won't be seeing Noah running naked through the backwoods of PEI. ☺
Love,
G
Post a Comment