Friday, June 29, 2012

Recital

I picked up the DVD of the kids recital performance last night. I figured the kids could watch it while David and I got some stuff ready for camping. Most of the video was new to them as they couldn't watch any of the show from the green room.

This hip hop number had Noah dancing. I was cracking up. Emily and Ben knew I was filming, so they were hamming it up for the camera. Noah, on the other hand, was just being himself. He has more rhythm than I thought!

Out of the 5 dancers, 3 are boys and Ben has stated he wants to take hip-hop next year.

I've been telling Emily all along that ballet and tap may not be her bag and she may like lyrical or jazz better. She didn't want to listen. Shocker. After seeing a lyrical dance, she proclaims she'd much rather do that than ballet. Duh, listen to your mother!

I'll make a copy of their individual performances soon and get them posted!

And speaking of mothers and daughters not listening to each other, on Monday, Emily and went to see Brave together. This picture is a little scary, but it was us in the theatre.
Untitled
It was such a departure from normal Disney movies. The princess isn't looking for her prince. She doesn't want one. When/if she changes her mind, she at least wants to choose who she marries. The mother and daughter butt heads on the matter, which Emily and I do often too. It was a good story for a mom and daughter to see together. It teaches that we should listen to each other. Oh and most importantly, don't find a witch to cast a spell on your Mom to change her because she may change into a bear!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sarah went to see Brave with Anthony on a date last week. :)

I think your picture from the theater is cute.

Love, Linda