Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Emily's Cooking Show

I've always thought Emily would be a great chef or food critic. She was the only 3 year old I knew who loved calamari. Her Dad's pea soup is one of her favorites. She'll try anything and usually like it. In preschool, they were asked to bring their favorite food to share for a Thanksgiving feast. Most kids brought Cheetos, donuts or cookies. Emily wanted to bring green beans. I was worried that kids would shun her choice and make her feel bad, so I asked her to pick another favorite food. She picked sweet potatoes. I think we ended up bringing corn.

Lately, Emily is obsessed with cooking shows. She never misses an episode of The Pioneer Woman and loves to watch Master Chef with us at night. She says she wants to have a cooking show one day. Last week, we decided to start with M&M cookies. We had received one of those jars for Christmas with all the ingredients already measured, so she made them all by herself.
Photobucket
I only helped crack the egg. She did the rest.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
She did such a great job. I knew she was having fun. She was even talking through what she was doing just like on TV. At one point she asked me, "Where's my cameraman?" I think she's a natural.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Emily! I bet she's helping with Daddy's cake today.
I remember when I was about 13 or 14 one of my chores was to make the daily batch of biscuits and every other day I had to make bread. Because it was a chore I don't think I ever really developed a liking for the task.Hopefully her desire to make all sorts of yummy food will continue. And who knows maybe she will one day make a living from her passion. ☼
Love.
G.
PS Hoping you'll bring me some of those cookies when I see you soon. ☺LOL!

Piper said...

Soon she'll be wanting a guest spot on your blog for her cooking segments ;-)

Linda said...

It's wonderful! :) Sarah was always like that with foods too and she used to like to bake like that but not so much anymore. Interests change so much through the years though some children do indeed select their favorite passion early on and stick with it. :) Me - I rarely ever cooked or baked growing up - Mom literally did everything. But somehow I just knew how once I got married. Now... there are days where I'd love for some Chef to come do the cooking for me!! :)