For his birthday, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.
We came home and opened gifts.
The kids decorated the wrapping paper with pictures of flowers and superheroes.
We made David a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. His favorite.
We sang Happy Birthday.
David made a wish.
Not sure what he wished for, but I hope it comes true.
For Father's Day, David made us breakfast. Then, we headed to the pool. We seem to do this every year on Father's Day.
The kids took turns riding on David.
Then while Emily was trying to do some tricks, Ben and David did their own trick.
Emily doing some more tricks and David and Ben doing the helicopter.
Noah doesn't like to be left out, so he gave it his best.
Noah got his first swim lesson with no floaties.
I'm getting ready to make David lasanga for dinner, which I do once a year on Father's Day and he gets to relax for the rest of the day.
What I really want to say about David is that he really is a blessing to all of us. When I married him, I knew he'd be a great husband and he is. But on top of that, he's a wonderful Dad. He is always there for them. From the second he wakes up to when he goes to bed, he is never too busy for them. I love that about him. November will mark 10 years that we've been together, and I still wonder how did I get so lucky?
Happy Birthday and Father's Day to the best husband and father around. We love you.
3 comments:
Well it certainly looks like you've had a festive week around your part of the world. ☼
I love that the kids are feeling so comfortable and confident in the water. They should do great when they get to PEI. Even Noah has grown so much pool wise since you were all here last spring. Yes, it was only a year ago and you'd never believe that is the same little guy. I guess getting him in a big boy bed has changed the horizons for him.
Thanks for sharing your "special" week.☼
Love
G.
Happy belated b-day, David! You are an awesome dad. Happy to hear you had a fun day with your kiddos. Take care!
Looks like great times :) Happy Birthday to David, though we missed it while we were traveling.
Love,
Linda
Post a Comment