So, I'm waking up around 6 and getting some exercise in.
If you knew me well, you'd know I don't get up before 7:30 unless the house is on fire. This is quite the accomplishment for me.
I don't enjoy getting up early, but I do enjoy gettting in a 7 mile bike ride before the kids even get up.
Speaking of bikes, Emily got a new one. It's an early birthday gift. Her legs were hitting the handle bars, so we looked and looked and she fell in love with this bike. Not too girly, and she'll easily be able to ride it for 3-4 more years.
She's begging us to go on bike rides with her every day now.
Today also started summer tennis lessons. The kids took lessons last summer and wanted to take them again this year. We found a lady who is giving us (and our friends) a private lesson once a week. It's the same price as the parks and rec, but it's at our neighborhood tennis courts and we don't have 10 kids in the class! Awesome!
Emily got the hang of it again right away.
Ben was getting frustrated that he couldn't hit the ball.
I think it was lesson 4 or 5 last year before he even made contact.
Coach Sarah ran them through a bunch of hand eye drills and they tried hitting again. Em knocked every one out of the park. Emily is very coordinated and there is nothing that she can't do. She picks things up quickly.
And Ben did too!
He hit 5 balls at the end and he was so super proud of himself. I was so happy for him. He said he couldn't want until his Dad got home from work to tell him!
The kids were very hot and tired. Next week, we'll bring bathing suits and change and go for a dip in the pool. Today we came home and Emily got creative in finding a way to cool down.
Yep, she's in the fridge.
I bet Whirlpool never had this in mind.
They both had a few otter pops and were good to go.
Up next today, the dentist and spa/margarita night at our friends.
Have I mentioned how much I love summer?
2 comments:
That's excellent, Gina, that you've continued with your exercise and getting up early to bike!! :) I love walking and biking and have kept it up faithfully for years now (except not the biking in the winter of course, ha) Very impressive that you're getting up early to do this. I couldn't do that part. I'm thankful for my lunchtime walks and the evening bike rides with Jim (we just got back from one).
Anyway, looks like your summer is super fun.
I gotta run - Jim is playing Clapton in the garage theater and trying to woo me out there....
Love, Linda
Trust Em to find a different way to get cool after a hard work out on the court. I love her new bike and she does indeed look like she means business on the court. I'm glad Ben is having fun too. He looks like he'd be a natural for tennis, ( quick on his feet ).
Hope the weekend is going well.☼
Love,
G.
Post a Comment